Existing Member?

The Big O.E An epic adventure across the world, backpacker style :)

Things I Miss

LAOS | Tuesday, 8 May 2007 | Views [1188] | Comments [1]

Jackfruit are normally quite large... but they must feed them something special at the organic farm!

Jackfruit are normally quite large... but they must feed them something special at the organic farm!

The things I miss most after two and a half months in Asia:

butter

Burgen bread (anything with GRAINS and SEEDS that is not white!!)

cheese (how I want some Mainland Vintage cheddar)

fresh trim milk (any milk that is not UHT, not condensed and not made from powder)

Hubbards muesli

people that don't make me feel like an enormous white giant

normal sized, soft pillows (and those gorgeous egyptian cotton sheets we got at our wedding)

being able to buy clothes that fit

cooking and eating meals at home. We have eaten out for 225 meals in a row.

Vegemite

And of course I miss friends and family, but I was expecting that, so it is much easier to deal with! Love to everyone, XXX Catherine

Tags: Philosophy of travel

 

Comments

1

Try the FCC club in Siem Reap and Phnom Penh, they have bread platters that aren't too bad if I remember correctly, the FCC in PP is worth visiting for the photos on the wall alone! Don't forget to stock up on booze at the supermarket, all alcohol in Cambodia is Duty Free!!! Try the Fish Amok if you haven't already, it's one of the finest dishes in Cambodia - you'll be hooked!
The Cargo Club in Hoi An (next to the mango rooms) has the best brekkie in SE Asia - hold out guys, not long now!!!

Can't do much about the Vegemite or bedding sorry, but hope this helps!

Regards,
Paul

  Paul Macnicol May 13, 2007 8:37 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.