Existing Member?

The Big O.E An epic adventure across the world, backpacker style :)

Film star in Cannes

FRANCE | Sunday, 18 November 2007 | Views [1646] | Comments [1]

Me being a film star in Cannes

Me being a film star in Cannes

Which is more expensive?

Plain toilet paper or Aloe Vera toilet paper?

Sugar or sugar cubes made into pretty shapes?

Washing powder or washing powder made into cubes and wrapped in foil?

Nutella or honey?

Pork chops or mince?

Water or wine?

A five minute bus to town or a one hour bus to Nice? 

Well in France, the second thing is always cheaper. How random! I just don't get it. James tells me lots of it has to do with economies of scale, but it still seems crazy to me :)

We're trucking along at the moment. It was great to have Dave and Anita come to stay with us last weekend. We needed a dose of other kiwis! And it was cool to see the Lerins Islands with them (not to mention the drinks on the beach and the delicious meal in the old town!)

Winter has arrived this week, unfortunately. Hopefully there won't be too many more freezing bike rides to school in the rain - fingers crossed.

Yesterday was interesting. I got to be a film star in Cannes. Kind of. My school has a university film school attached, and one of my English students was looking for a young blonde woman for her project... So it was fun, and all in French - the script, the instructions, everything. And when James arrived to have a look, he got roped in as an extra too. So now we're both extremely famous :) Look out for us at a movie theatre near you.

One sucky thing is that I'm still not better from these stupid shingles. I've never been sick for so long (it's been eight weeks!!) But apart from that, life is pretty good.

During the school holidays, as well as doing a lot of resting on the beach in the sunshine (just like I promised Mum!) we also went to Antibes old town and to Monaco. It was cool to see the ridiculously upmarket boutiques and casinos. And the view was gorgeous too.

And we're both wishing Mark a very happy 21st birthday from the other side of the world XXX

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

Hi Catherine and james.... have been meaning to write to you for ages and ages but life has been chaotic.
I am coming to Nice!!! Got onto the Stage this year and so will be in Nice from January 7 til January 19 i think.
Will you still be around then? I will have to try and catch up with you - that would be fun!!!

Back to prizegiving preparation - aren't you lucky not to be back at school on a Tuesday night working - mind you, it has been a gorgeous hot day here!!
Email me back if you get the chance sometime, sop I know if it is possible!

See you, Chris Cheyne

  Chris Cheyne Dec 4, 2007 5:37 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.