Existing Member?

Australia Trip!! Setting out to discover the most powerful sense of freedom, happiness & growth.

Tasmania part 2

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 4 February 2013 | Views [455]

After an early morning rise in the backpackers in laurnceston we went to the park across the road and did some yoga, such a beautiful setting and awsom. Way to start the day. After that we headed to cataract gorge where we did a short walk through the rainforest then went on the chair lift witch went right over the gorge and wow.. the view was breath taking! We then did a short drive to lilydale where went on a short talk through the forest to find two waterfalls. 

After having lunch at the waterfalls we drove towards mountain witch was about a 3 hour drive. After 2 hours we arrived at the last town before cradle mountain, witch we decided to stay there for the night at a powerd site. We had an amazing view of the mountains, sunset and sunrise was beautiful. 

The next morning we drove to cradle mountain and the drive there was so hard!! Steep hills, up and down, with tight corners.. Was very challenging to say the least. Once there we booked into the caravan park, as theres no public camping once in the national park. Only non powerd sites left.. So we new we were in for a cold night! We then caught the shuttle bus up to the walking paths and decided on doing a 2 hour hike around dove lake. 

The hike was amazing! Despite the cold weather and rain it was well worth it. Part of the track had a track to walk on, but other parts was just rocks and forest witch made for a challenge. the hike was 6k in total.. And by the end of it I was bugged, a great work out, with amazing views! Would defintly recommend it for everyone! That night we cooked tea early to beat the rush in the kitchen and after a hot shower got into bed before dark because it was freezing! When I say freezing I mean I had a long sleeved tshirt on, a hoodie, and flany, two pair of leggings, gloves and socks to sleep in! 

The next morning we did a few more short walks on the mountain before heading back down and doing a big drive to hobart. A once again, amazing views everywhere! In Hobart we booked into a nice caravan park on the out skirts for the night. After sleeping the night we treated ourselfs with some pancakes, with blueberrys on top, witch we were given by a nice lady the day before. 

On that topic... The fresh fruit and veg here is so yummy and everywhere on the sides of the road, and for cheap!! Don't think I've ever ate so much fruit in my life! We then spent the day in Hobart checking out the city, and did some shopping. In the arvo we went to the cadbury chocolate factory. The chocolate was so cheap... So hard to resit buying a redicolous amount! 

We then come down the coast a little, where we have stopped for the night in a small coastal town. Parked the van along side the water with the mountains the front of us. Went for a walk around the town as the sun was setting, not much here but a relaxed feel and beautiful view to wake to in the morning. 

Thats it for now. Goodnight... Xox 

Tags: beaches, hiking, mountain, sunsets.

About cassie27

Just me....:)

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.