Existing Member?

Australia Trip!! Setting out to discover the most powerful sense of freedom, happiness & growth.

Tasmania part 3

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 7 February 2013 | Views [475]

After waking up in the small town of Dover we did some morning yoga on the beach followed by a walk along the waters edge! Feeling fresh and ready to go we headed not far down the road to the Hastings caves where we did a cave tour. It went for about 40mins and was an experience! Even though there had been tracks made to walk, there was still a few tight squeezes and still had a weird feeling of been unsafe with big drops down and been underground. Not to mention it was freezing in there. We then went to the thermal pool witch was included in the cave tour. The pool sounded fantastic in the booklet and said its always at least 28' hot. Well... Not much more to say than what I let down!!! It was fucking cold.... And on a cold day, not cool! 

We then moved on to the road a little more to the thune air walk. A walk the Forrest tree tops witch was really good, a tad scary if you looked down though, so my eyes stayed looking forward. In the same place there was a few walking tracks you could do, so we chose to do the hour one, witch crossed two rickidy bridges over the river, again a tad scary. We smashed it in 30mins and along the way come acrosthat snake. So was a very interesting day!! 

We then come down the coast to Kingston and parked the van along side the beach. We cooked up some steak and veggies and then watched the sun set. After waking up in the morning we did some yoga on the beach, then a small walk. Cooked some oats with banana Sydney golden syrp for breakfast. Fair to say for backpackers, we eat well! But are budgeting at the same time! :)

We then drove up the coast abit to catch the ferry to Bruny island. A short ride over, but we seen some dolphins and seals. Once there we had a few beaches to choose from and decided to go to the closet one. Once again it was hard driving, hills, tight corners and on dirt roads. Once we found the beach, it was beath taking!! The whitest sand, clear blue water, and not one person in site. After laying down our towels, another camper van pulled up. A middle age man got out and come over... And didn't leave. He decided he would get a beer and sit with us. Omg.... We couldn't belive it. The whole beach.. And he sits with us. So we made and excuse and got back in the van and left. We then drove to the next beach, about 40mins away. Witch was just as nice!!! We spent the day sun baking and doing absolutely nothing, was perfect! 

We then come back to the main land and booked in the caravan park we had stayed in a few nights before. The next morning we got up and went to a beach in Hobart for the morning and lunch. We then went to the cinemas and watched a movie. A relaxing day doing not much. We're now parked for the night, witch the beach on one side and a park on the other. 

Thats all for now. Peaceeeeeee :)

Tags: beaches, good food., relaxing

About cassie27

Just me....:)

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.