Existing Member?

My thoughts about . . .

the hotel

CHINA | Tuesday, 24 July 2007 | Views [511] | Comments [8]

I got to Wuhan via a luxury train. It was fabulous.  Then I got to the hotel . . . ummm, what can I say . . . I guess, 'less fabulous' can describe it.

I don't really spend much time in my room. Mostly, I am in the teachers computer room checking my mail, surfing the net or finishing up my lesson plans. So, when I am in my room, I try not to look around too closely. On the overnight train ride I was really thinking about laser eye surgery. It would be so convenient at times instead of messing about with contacts, solution, etc BUT! Seeing is the last thing I want when in my room. My suspicion is that is hasn't ever gotten a good spring cleaning. On the bright side, there is a nice tv (would be even nicer if i could understand one of the many Chinese tv stations) and a cool looking fridge that has 4 glass sides. Neat.

The bathroom is big enough with decent water pressure. The first day I had a little mishap. I didn't know that I wasn't supposed to drop the tp into the toilet. That mean I had to mime plunging action to one of the sweet maids. I am not a mimer. In the end, I had her follow me to my room. She understood immediately and ran to get the plunger before my bathroom flooded. Surprisingly, I am not as grossed out as I thought I would be-- I mean about throwing the toilet paper in the wastebasket next to the toilet and not into the toilet and flushing it away.

Tags: Luo Jia Shan Hotel

Comments

1

Thanks for some good laughs today Carol!!Always sending love your way.

  Mary Anne Jul 25, 2007 1:35 AM

2

Sounds like over-all things are going well!
What a great experience...
Enjoy The Trip, Love, The Markino Boys

  Jimmy & The Boys Jul 25, 2007 2:05 AM

3

Right On, Carol. I didn't know you are such a creative writer. You never cease to amaze me! At least the toilet's not a hole in the floor, right?
have a great time.

  Linda Penzabene Jul 25, 2007 2:17 AM

4

Hm..m..m...we had toilet troubles today too (of a different type), but sounds like your adenture is a constant source of entertainment. How exciting (I mean about being in China not the toilet).Thanks for including me in your blog addresses...will be reading often. Have a great time..send more pics!! Lots of love from Canada! Bess and John.

  Bessie Kambouris Jul 25, 2007 5:00 AM

5

thailand has problems with their septic system. i've gotten used to throwing the toilet paper in the little basket beside the toilet..so much so that when i come back to rome it is hard to flush the paper..

  debbie ross Jul 25, 2007 7:31 AM

6

Same toilet paper issue in South America! Tho I AM amazed you say you're not grossed out about the bowl-side bin!
Anyway, gr8 u r blogging! Hope everything else goes well... ciao from across the Pacific pond...

  Anna Jul 25, 2007 8:20 AM

7

WOW! First of all, I didn't know you were going to China! What an adventure. Let me know all about it because it could be one of the places I get to go when I work on my Master's. (they switch it up) Take lots of pictures and eat lots of Chinese food! The toilet paper issue would be something I would have trouble adapting to, but I guess you don't have a choice. Have fun and enjoy!
Lisa W

  Lisa Warner Jul 25, 2007 10:03 AM

8

I LOVE that you have a TV there...it makes me smile to imagine you watching Chinese game shows or infomercials or whatever in between your trips to the noodle shop or the Great Wall. What an adventure! Good for you!

  Cristi Kempf Jul 28, 2007 2:33 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.