Existing Member?

My thoughts about . . .

Forgiving Body . . . but what about the mind?

SPAIN | Sunday, 20 June 2010 | Views [408] | Comments [1]

After walking 25km or so, I was fine.. until I stopped. I felt like I could keep going but the the minute I got to the hotel and took off my Nikes, my legs and back ached. Each time I thought I would rest for an hour or so but that usually turned into the rest of the evening. When I got up during the night to go to the bathroom, I could barely walk, feeling every single bone in my hips, back, legs and ankles. Oddly enough, my feet were fine. “How am I going to walk tomorrow morning?” was the constant question as I dropped off quickly to sleep.

The next morning I would move about quickly, anxious to get on my Way, without even noticing any pain. It was only til I was 4 or 5 km into my walk, that I remembered the previous night's question.  I had to really concentrate -- since I am fine now,was I really in that much pain last night or was it my imagination??

It is amazing how I treat my body—the junk I put in it - and it still does what I want it to do. How long can this go on? I am thankful that my body is so forgiving. The pains from the day before disappear. My short memory helps with this as well. Every morning it is the same... I am surprised how I can walk fine, pain free whereas less than 12 hours I ago I was shuffling around like a 1000 year old relic.

I wonder why my body forgives so easily when my mind doesn't.

Comments

1

As always, you are inspiring!

  Karen Lundquist Jun 30, 2010 10:25 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.