Existing Member?

My thoughts about . . .

Light the WAY

SPAIN | Tuesday, 16 June 2009 | Views [425]

5:55am and I am sitting in my hotel room waiting for dawn to break. It is still too dark out to go walking. My goal is to get to Santiago in time for the noon day mass. Just to be sure, I decided last night to give myself 6 hours. It's the last 20km which I should do in 4.5 or 5 hours. But now I am thinking even if I leave at 6:30am, there is still plenty of time. That is if there is enough light in a half hour's time.

Last night after dinner, I went out to snap a few pics. There wasn't anything in particular. In fact, it was the highway but I wanted to get a photo of the daylight. At 9:30pm, there was still so much daylight. It was about 10:30ish when a bit more of darkness set in. I have noticed this the past nights and each time I am surprised by it. Yes, I am in Northern Spain, but Spain isn't that far north . . .

I am getting antsy. I can't watch any more BBC. Fortunately, I hear people in the hallway and that is a good sign. Others have the same idea of getting on the Way early this morning.

So, I will head out. Other pilgrims won't light the way...but I hope they lead it.

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.