Existing Member?

World Trip 2011

Las Vegas

USA | Monday, 6 June 2011 | Views [410] | Comments [1]

We left San Francisco and drove down to Santa Barbara in search of some waves but again, we were disappointed. This seems to be the trend in America. There is some really good point break set ups but it was windy and practically flat so we booked 2 nights at the Imperial Palace in Las Vegas and began the drive east. Not much to see out this way, sort of reminds me of outback South Oz. Then, out of nowhere comes a city in the desert. Its so bizarre. A city created out of human behaviour and legislature as opposed to resources or setting. It really is bizarro land out here. The pinnacle of human indulgence. A city created from 50 years of disposable income. The amounts of money being spent here is absolutely stupid but I'm sure that due to recent economic events here (80% foreclosures etc. ) that this opulent way of life will continue to be put under pressure. Nevertheless, anything goes in Vegas and people are still partying there asses off, for now. We checked into our hotel which is probobly one of the shittier hotels on the strip and went out on the town to check it out. Everything has a neon/ LCD/ flashing sign of some sorts and to be honest, my eyes were sore from the glare! There are Mexicans everywhere on the street, trying to hand out porno/ call girl cards to the people on the street and there are random light shows and fountain shows on everywhere. The next day we walked through Ceasers Palace Hotel and we both really impressed. A lot better than our hotel! We went on the roller coaster at New York, New York, which was impressive and had a few beers at some random bars. That night we went to the Playboy Comedy Club which was a laugh then went up to the nightclub where Playboy bunnies attended to the Poker/Blackjack tables, that of course we didn't play cause we are too poor!. The club on the 54th floor was pumping, with a view of Vegas, Dj's, hot dancing girls, and all the trimmings. Ive been to a million clubs all over the world, but this one was right up there for sure. Fun, drunken times, albeit expensive. The next morning was slow, now off to the Grand Canyon!

Comments

1

If you think Vegas has a lot of money thrown around, perhaps you should visit Dubai ;)

We're heading to Vegas for Robyn's 30th. Should be a lot of fun! Sounds like your guys' trip is going well though!

  Tyler Jun 8, 2011 12:53 AM

About brettcooke

profile

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.