Existing Member?

World Trip 2011

Easter Weekend

CANADA | Thursday, 28 April 2011 | Views [561]

Good Friday! The first official day of the long weekend was Earth Day. We spent it celebrating with my sister's family and the community of east van in a parade/ rally  before heading out to Whytecliff Park to appreciate the sun.  The next morning started  with D getting picked up early to perform her role as hairstylist/makeup artist for Robyn's wedding.  With some amount of panic but finding some flow, the bride and her maid of honour looked amazing for the big event. It was a fairly subdued, midday wedding that was enjoyed by all. Following the wedding we rolled up to Whistler to find our hotel for the next few nights.  We were pleased with the room, king sized bed and deck with a view making the atmosphere complete. Partying at Buffalo Bill's with the wedding crew was well worth the hangover that followed, hence no snowboarding the following day.  Whistler was beautiful and clear on Monday morning, even a couple of centimeters of new snow...just enough to camouflage the many moguls all over the slopes.  Taking the Peak 2 Peak Gondola was breathtaking! After a few afternoon laps of Blackcomb we retired for the day.  With several centimeters of new snow for Monday, which was the last day of our 2011 snow season, there was not much to complain about at the end of April.  Making it back to Vancouver in time to watch the Canucks move on in the playoffs, and with one beer left to share it was a great weekend!

About brettcooke

profile

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.