Existing Member?

World Trip 2011

Vancouver

CANADA | Monday, 7 March 2011 | Views [563]

15 hours of uncomfortable hell later, we arrive in Vancouver. Damn its cold! Coming from a north coast summer into this is definitely refreshing. We went straight to mansion Belanger which will be our digs for around 2 months. Its good to see Danielle's parents again especially her dad. The first day was a jet lagged one but a long sleep did us the world of good. It has been snowing a lot here so we took the opportunity to get up to Cypress Mountain and do some turns! So stoked. Powder, all day. It has been 3 years since i last rode my snowboard but that's the reality of living in Oz.Lots of surf but not much snow. It didn't take long to get into the swing of things and with the conditions being so good, we rode black runs all day. The next night i caught up with Bretto and Mark from Ballina and we went up to Cypress again, but this time it was snowing even harder with no one on the mountain. Although it was dark, it was still possible to see enough to ride in the trees and each run had fresh tracks. Check the vid on facebook. Its looking like im going up to Revelstoke for a few days next week with Bretto. Keep ya posted!

Tags: snowboarding

 

About brettcooke

profile

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.