Existing Member?

The BIG Trip

Let the road trip begin!

GERMANY | Saturday, 8 October 2011 | Views [368]

This morning dawned with some welcome sunshine. While we consumed a relaxed breakfast of buns and tasty toppings we got a BIG surprise...

Simon and Maren started to unzip their hoodies in a co-ordinated fashion partway through the meal...we were unnerved and wondered if maybe we should leave the room?? Instead they unveiled matching road trip t-shirts before giving us ones too. The map of the planned road trip they had emailed us over 6 months ago was now screen-printed on shirts for us all to wear! How awesome is that?!?!

We were so excited we had to get into our matching shirts ASAP. Once last things were packed, bonus buns made for eating in the car and a few phone calls made we used our tetris skills to pack the boot then hopped in the car. Let the road trip begin! A short trip to the supermarket before hitting the open road...

Weather fluctuated between sunny, cloudy and a torrential downpour verging on sleet. We sped on past many towns, trees changing into autumn colours and various cities. Eventually passing the Frankfurt skyline we neared Darmstadt.

On arrival we found a park (quite a mish in Darmstadt) before meeting Simon Friday (studied with Simon at Uni) and Carmen. Maren went to pick up Rebekah from the bus station as we took our stuff around the road to Ralph & Elizabeth’s where us two were staying.

Back to Simon & Carmen’s place to eat a DELICIOUS dinner of lasagne and salad prepared earlier by Simon with produce from their field (all except the pasta). So tasty! We had to sit for a while to let it settle before dishes then time to chat over a few beverages. Karen (another from Simon’s Uni course) joined us later as we enjoyed each other’s company at home before six of us headed into town for a dubstep gig at the uni. A bit of a kani with the locals (all impressed by Bray’s dancing skills) before heading home to fall into bed at Liz & Rolf’s around 4am. Welcome to Darmstadt!!

 

About braynroni


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.