Existing Member?

The BIG Trip

Montserrat dwarfs Barcelona FC

SPAIN | Sunday, 4 September 2011 | Views [1566]

Packed out of El Masnou and hit the road. Today was the day we were meant to go to Museu Picasso as it’s free today...sorry Mum and Christine – we’ll go to galleries in France! The lack of central city parking made it nigh impossible on our way out of town.

Instead we parked at Camp Nou and had the crazy FC Barcelona money making experience! They have EVERYTHING branded! Their megastore is definitely MEGA, stadium huge and loads of statues, posters and football things everywhere. Bray got his treats to take home and we were off.

Drove out of the city and off to Montserrat. AWE INSPIRING!! We could see it coming from a distance and it just got bigger and bigger and bigger.... driving up and up with frequent photo stops we found a park as close to the top as you can for free then clambered over a guardrail or two to find our lunch spot with a view. Amazing.

Our route then took us down the other side of the mountain (more photo stops and Roni found some more blackberries – yum) on our way to tonight’s campsite. We wound our way through forests and well into the stix before finding near deserted (but not cheap for that!) Camping Cal Paradis. Got the tent up with the help of the owner’s hammer – the ground was a mix of solid rock and some gravel...not camping like in NZ! Then we relaxed in and near the pool for an hour or so – watched by the oldies smoking outside the restaurant. Our food supplies were low and we had anticipated finding a supermercado on the way in but to no avail (ALL shut on a Sunday) so we purchased some pasta and sauce from the camp shop. Cooked it up then hit the hay.

 

About braynroni


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.