Existing Member?

The BIG Trip

Hopping to Hamburg

GERMANY | Wednesday, 5 October 2011 | Views [368]

This morning was photo transfer time (so Jeanine has copies of the Netherlands pics) after a coffee and helping Dino and Jeanine get out the door for school & work.

Packing our massive packs was the next goal. What a mish! Our things seem to expand markedly when released on unpacking and are reluctant to return to their home (the pack) in a small size again. A few summer things were left behind in order to be sent back to NZ to meet us for summer in January.

Both of us packed up in time to watch the end of The Good Shepherd – DVD we started watching yesterday – as we prepared lunch. Jeanine and Dino home from school and work after a half day, scarfed down lunch, packed up the car and we were off to Goes train station.

Train was on time so after sad goodbyes we boarded and were on our way to Germany!

Just two transfers this time and all connecting trains were on time which was a real blessing. Pulling into Hamburg Hautbanhof at around 10pm we saw Simon & Maren waving enthusiastically on the platform! Yay!

A short train ride and walk through a mini-park (seeing a rabbit!) to arrive at the fantastic flat. Time for chats, something to eat and drink and another late night. GREAT to see an old friend again, catch up and get to meet Maren – she is lovely!

Nice to be in another comfy room without tent draughts and with warm blankies. Thank you Simi and Maren!

 

About braynroni


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.