Existing Member?

The BIG Trip

Last night in Brouwershaven :-(

NETHERLANDS | Tuesday, 4 October 2011 | Views [616]

This morning we were up bright and early and had the privilege of helping get Dino ready for kura – fun times! He is such a cool kid and Jeanine is a fantastic mum – good job girl!!

Some breakfast for us after that along with continued photo labelling and some email catch ups to be completed. More washing and starting to think about packing our big packs again tomorrow...we don’t want to leave! Our time here with Jeanine and Dino has been awesome. It has been such a treat to be in one place for a long time, sharing a home and generally laxing it up!

After a slow-ish day we picked up Dino from school with Jeanine and travelled to visit Oma & Opa (Jeanine’s Dad and his partner) for coffee, nibbles and chats. Bray also got to play golf with Dino and we all shared his sherbet treat a little – he’s a generous wee man!

Off home after this via the supermarket...a delicious dinner of soup, bread and omelette. While we prepared the kai Dino had a bath and got his nails clipped. Bray wasn’t confident about his omelette making skills but it was uber tasty.  Dino has a special game that he plays at bedtime with a privileged few and he wanted Bray to play it – super privileged!!

Jeanine had been talking about re-vamping her wardrobe to get rid of things she never wears and change over the summer to winter wardrobe and tonight was the night... As Roni did the dishes Jeanine was up and down the stairs with multiple armloads of clothing. Bray was promised a couch to rest on but ended up backed into a corner as both couches were overtaken with clothing.

A fun hour or so was had as clothes for passing on were decided on and bagged up, Jeanine had Roni in mind for a few so she is now a little more rugged-up in preparation for the UK winter! Success – Jeanine had changed over summer and winter wardrobes and as much as halved the quantity of clothes she had. Awesome feeling.

Laxing out with a hot cuppa or two after this as we enjoyed our last night at Jeanine’s cosy home.

About braynroni


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Netherlands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.