Existing Member?

The BIG Trip

Decision Day

FRANCE | Monday, 12 September 2011 | Views [316]

This morning Roni got up, showered, dressed and returned to the campsite just as rain was coming. We struck the tent lightning fast and threw everything in the back of the car just before the rain came down – whew! Bray got clean and dressed then we made the decision to head to Italy.

We went into Noirmoutier itself and explored Chateau Noirmoutier and surrounds before hitting the road. Bray went to grab a coffee for us and caused much laughter for locals – they do NOT do takeaway there, but made an exception for him. He returned to the car with a plastic cup (like for kid’s parties) and a story to tell!

To the Boulanger for fresh bread, breakfast time before visiting Intermarche for groceries on our way off the island.

Then driving...driving...driving...

Arrived in Limoges and found their info site where we enquired about campsites in the area before a mini-explore to see their Hotel De Ville (town hall) and central city historic area.

Back on the road and into the mountains. Eventually stopping for a lunch munch and look inside a cute chapel of St Marie en Plaine on the way. Windy and steep roads for a while before following a turnoff past a cemetery to find Moulin de la Valane campsite that the info site told us about. They had a big water slide, pool, playground and much more. The water features we didn’t take advantage of as we arrived after the sun had lost most of its heat. Set up camp in a quiet, bush lined corner before cooking dinner and enjoying it in the peace and quiet. We explored the rest of the camping ground, labelled photos and Bray even got some TV time.

 

About braynroni


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.