Existing Member?

The BIG Trip

Flying through France

FRANCE | Tuesday, 13 September 2011 | Views [340]

We awoke in the clouds this morning! Struck camp and drove through the THICK mist to a town nearby called St Fortunade. Here we purchased fresh bread (and a sweet treat) from the patisserie before making a cuppa and enjoying breakfast in the historic setting of their town square – complete with an open air stage, 15th century church & chateau, gardens and fountain.

Over the hills we continued with great views, light effects, green pastures and appreciating the city of Clermont-Ferrard from a lookout that clearly showed a light city with very dark cathedral in its midst. Last night’s campsite had no internet so we made use of the gratis wi-fi at McDonalds to find a campsite for tonight.

On the road some more before reaching Lyon. Here we stayed at Camping Indigo – loads of facilities that were all shut for off season but still a price like high season. We were unimpressed but paid up, got the tent and fly out to dry and had dinner before making camp properly. After dinner we headed to their common area to charge the laptop and batteries while playing cards with coffee and a bikkie or two. Some photos were labelled by Roni as Bray read the French magazine articles about RWC 2011 in NZ before we enjoyed some football on their large tv while lounging on their comfy couches.

 

About braynroni


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.