Existing Member?

The BIG Trip

Falang-a-licious

LAOS | Tuesday, 19 July 2011 | Views [433]

Today we went to the Culture & Ethnology centre - WAY cool! Info about all the tribes and sub tribes in Laos, their cultural heritage, their crafts and oral traditions.

Then home for Bray to pack his bag - we head to Phonsavan tomorrow, Roni will pack in the AM. Also time for Bray to have some ibuprofen+paracetamol as the back still paining him.

Headed off to explore the other side of Phou Si (sacred hill) after 4pm - Bray forgot the playing csrds :-( So we ended up playing knucklebones with some stones we found and 'pub crawling' betweem Hive, the 'cat bar'(had a ginger cat who befriended us), Lao Lao bar and Utopia.

Utopia is crazy - down some dark Luang Prabang alleys but it has a beach volleyball court, deck overlooking the river, big screen and much more!! Not only that but when we walked in and started chatting to a guy at the bar - turned out to be the owner and good chats!!

Then we walked home around the hill via the night market for spring rolls and donuts....yum!

We blew the budget a smidge and did the Falang (foreigner) thing but it was fun just this once!!

About braynroni


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.