Existing Member?

The BIG Trip

The day of the bird...

THAILAND | Sunday, 10 July 2011 | Views [423]

Today was another rest day of sorts...Roni struggled to manage it but Bray is a professional.

At breakfast today there was a baby bird swooping around us then it landed on Roni's head!! She managed to cope with its little claws long enough for Bray (and everyone else at brekkie) to get a photo. Bray then fed a bird for the first time!

The day was spent packing, going for a wander for kai and generally hanging at the guest house with our bags from check out (noon) until heading to the train station. The bird kept us busy wanting constant feeding, watering...and cleaning up after. We also became the resident 'tourist advisors' to the new people arriving :-)

When we popped out to get lunch we ended up with a 'Sunday Roast' Thai-style. A really thick soup type thing with lots of yummy veges, thick noodles and roast-y goodness. 

Our train with a departure time of 9.01pm arrived at the station after 11pm so we spent a merry 4 hours or so playing cards, people & dog watching and passing the time.

Sleeper train was all good - long enough bunks for Bray even! We chugged through the night to Chiang Mai...

About braynroni


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.