Existing Member?

The BIG Trip

A rest...

THAILAND | Saturday, 9 July 2011 | Views [416]

Lighter day for us. But to keep track of it, here it is....

A sleep in, by Roni's standards. YAY! Showered, dressed and breaki done by 9. Good chats with fellow Belgian and Dutch travellers while we muched. As our skin was a lil' tender from the sun's rays yesterday, we thought we could organise our photos, emails and plans for Chiang Mai.

With the laptop battery running low as no earthed plugs in our room, we showered to cool off and hit the streets for lunch. With food from a roadside cart, we ate a relaxed lunch in the park behind the local art gallery. A stroll after and finally got that close up of a butterfly we'd been trying for while also spotting a white heron and lizards fishing.

Though Bray was over the heat we pushed on and viewed the city shrine (shiny and white next to its own set of ruins) and got an iceblock on the way home - treats! Roni tried the local umbrella trick to keep the sun off while walking - was AWESOME!

A little rest and then off to our local sprout & noodle soup family stall for dinner before a quiet beverage at our guest house with some British travellers and the lady on duty.

All in all a 'rest day' as planned :-)

About braynroni


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.