Existing Member?

The BIG Trip

Grasshoppers are yum.

THAILAND | Saturday, 2 July 2011 | Views [442] | Comments [1]

Bray ate an insect! I know those of you who know him well may doubt this strongly but we have photo evidence of him going back for seconds of grasshopper and trying a frog too....

Today we walked over 30,000 steps (according to the pedometer on Bray's phone) and our feet would definitely believe that!

Breakfast this morning was from a man with a stall down an alley near our place, yummy pork and mystery thingee on rice. Caught the underground (we are pro's with this now)to Chatuchak Market - intense amounts of STUFF for sale...managed to get out without any crazy impulse buying :-) Just one thing that was on our list!

Skytrain was our next method of public transport to master and we caught it (successfully) to MBK - on our mission to find a hard drive of 1-2T. More STUFF for sale and we got out almost unscathed ;-)

We thought we would be awesome next and walk to Panthip Plaza...the lady at MBK information thought a taxi was the only way but no! Bray was in heaven - so much technology!! We got the 1T hard drive and got out.

More walking...to the Golden Mount. A peaceful refuge in amongst the hustling and bustling city... VERY cool views of the city and we saw the biggest centipede either of us had seen. A big, black storm was brewing so we scarpered after much pic taking and made it to cover before the skies opened (just!). Made our way back home eventually by cab then rested our weary feet for a few minutes.

Dinnertime...our favourite dinner lady was closed :-( so we went alley-searching. Bray succumbed to my bugging him about giving the bugs a try so we nibbled some grasshoppers en route :-)

Found a lovely lady who cooked us some chicken noodle soup then grabbed a few more grasshoppers (and frogs!) for extra protein on our way back home.

A good day.

Comments

1

Glad you are being brave Bray!! Thanks for the snippets of news, really cool. My news is B block at GBHS has been red stickered so we have all had to move out!! I'll be teaching on the stage of the hall, converting the hall kitchen to a temporary darkroom and after this unit shifting all my Year 12s to digital. CHALLENGING! Have emailed you pics of the latest installation and The Tempest was extremely good! Continue to enjoy the adventures. Much love and hugs to you bothxxx

  Mum Jul 3, 2011 8:24 PM

About braynroni


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.