Existing Member?

The Year Trip We are on another grand family adventure. This time we are taking 10 months to circumnavigate the globe!

France

USA | Tuesday, 19 September 2017 | Views [738]

France

I was very excited to venture to a place that Chris and I visited 17 years ago. We stayed in a town just down the road from where we stayed on our first visit.  We really did not have any plans, just to slow down and take a break.  Outside a couple days here and there, for the last month and half we have been walking and touring every day.  We figured we would make our plans each morning when we woke.  

We stayed at an Airbnb that had a view of the mountains and the beach.  The beach access was just few minute walk out of the neighborhood and across the road.  We also had a pool a hop, skip and a jump for our back door.  However, we did not spend much time at the pool. Chris couldn’t go in the water because he did not have the proper attire!  The pool required men to wear spandex, basically, speedos! So, we ended up only going to the pool one day, but we did spend several days at the beach.

We had rented a car at the train station to get to our Airbnb, so we decided we should use it.  We remembered going to a hidden “locals” waterfall that was absolutely beautiful on our last visit.  We contacted a friend for directions and headed that way.  Though, it is not so hidden anymore. The waterfall was still there, but was a tourist attraction now.  Unlike our last visit, we had to walk a fenced trail to a “view” of the waterfall.  It was still beautiful, however, last time we walked just paths through the wood to waterfall and could go anywhere we wanted, even swimming.  On the way there, we boosted the girls up about maybe being able to swim in the water, they were a little bit disappointed.  I am glad we still went, but it would have been really nice to have the same experience we did last time.  Walking back, we did get access to the river and played with the GoPro filming fish swimming in the river.

Driving back from the waterfall, we decided we would stop in St. Tropez. Chris and I wanted the girls to see the large yachts that docked in the harbor.  They really are amazing boats, I think Chris enjoyed looking at them more than enjoy one else.  We wondered around St. Tropez for an hour or so before heading back to our Airbnb.

The Airbnb we stayed at had a little electric grill.  So, we decided we would cook and entire meal, not just pasta or sandwiches we have been having.  We ended up making chicken wings, mashed potatoes, and vegetables.  It was one of nicest meals so far, sitting outside overlooking the mountains and the Mediterranean eating a home cooked meal with a bit of wine, beautiful.  Sometimes, it is the simplest things that bring the most delight.

All in all, the France stop, was a much-needed relaxing week.  We will be hitting Paris later, but we are heading to Italy first.

Tags: . france, yeartrip

 

About bombardo-family

Glacier National Park 2014

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.