Existing Member?

The Year Trip We are on another grand family adventure. This time we are taking 10 months to circumnavigate the globe!

Barcelona, Spain

USA | Tuesday, 19 September 2017 | Views [475]

Barcelona

We had a great stay in Barcelona, experienced our first Airbnb, road the metro, and as we have in many of our other cities, did a lot of walking.  When we first arrived in Barcelona, we were still a bit tired from Madrid, but did not want to sit into our room, so we immediately headed to the beach!  We spent the entire day at the beach.  It was nice to just relax.  The girls had a great time playing in the Mediterranean and getting buried in the sand. 

After a day of relaxing we hit it full blast the next day.  We first ventured to the Sagrade Familia Cathedral.  This Cathedral is unbelievable, the detail and layers of architecture is just wow.  After leaving the cathedral we walked to Las Ramblas where just days before was the scene of terrorist attack.  It was a very emotional and sad as we paid our respects to those impacted in the recent terrorist attack.

It has been a while since we had a washing machine and our place in Barcelona had one.  We were excited about washing clothes … never had that feeling before.  We quickly discovered the dryer was the lines just outside our 5th story window.  This was a first both Chris and I to hang out the window to hang dry our cloths, hoping we pinned them tight and nothing fell. 

It is amazing how fast this trip is moving along.  With all our cloths washed and dried many miles walked in Barcelona and our next train scheduled it was time to move on to our next county, France.

Tags: spain, yeartrip

 

About bombardo-family

Glacier National Park 2014

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.