Existing Member?

The Year Trip We are on another grand family adventure. This time we are taking 10 months to circumnavigate the globe!

Milan, Italy

USA | Saturday, 14 October 2017 | Views [597]

We arrived at the train station and headed to our Airbnb to meet up with our very friendly hosts. They let us in and gave us some suggestions on where to eat and visit during our short stay. After getting settled into the room, we headed to the Duomo Cathedral to tour it. This was one of our few times we used outside vendor to skip the line with a guided tour.  In many of tourist areas in Europe you will find you can wait in line to buy tickets (or sometimes you can buy the tickets online), next with the tickets you wait in line to enter the tourist site.  If you get there early, as we often do, it is not bad waiting in the lines, sometimes it is only 20 minutes.  As an alternative, you can purchase a guided tour which allows you to walk in with your guide through the group line.  However, the guided tours cost 2-6X more.  We thought it was worth it   in Milan and it was a good tour. In most of the guided tours you wear headphones receivers that allow you to hear the guide. 

Outside of our tour we also explored the large shopping plaza.  Which the girls wanted to buy everything.  I continually have to remind them that we are on a budget and everything we purchase we have to carry.  

The one thing we wanted to do in Milan, but did not get a chance was to go see the Last Supper painting by Da Vinci.  We just spent too much time in the Duomo and we would have had to sprint to see it.  The girls were tired and ready for a break, next time.

Our stay was short in Milan, but Brooklyn had one goal.  Our room we close to a cat café.  It was our last day when we finally made it there.  On our way heading to the train we stopped at the Crazy Cat Café. Crazy Cats is a small café that has 9 rescued cats that roam free in the café.  They have all kinds of toys and hiding places, but love the attention from the customers. We arrived right after it opened and had all the cats to play with, but it did not take long for a small crowd to arrive wanting to get the cats attention. One of the girl’s favorite was a cat who loved the muffins, soon as he seen someone had one he would head that way. We were warned to watch out for him when we got our muffins, almost instantly he was roaming around our table planning how to get our muffins!  The coffee mugs were in the shape of a cat head, which we all got a kick out of.  This is still Brooklyn’s favorite things we have done.

Tags: italy, milan, nomad, world traveler

 

About bombardo-family

Glacier National Park 2014

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.