Existing Member?

The Year Trip We are on another grand family adventure. This time we are taking 10 months to circumnavigate the globe!

Packing Update

MOROCCO | Saturday, 5 August 2017 | Views [506]

We decided to buy packing cubes to pack our backpacks. 

These are the ones we purchased:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014VBHJ16/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

 And two packs of:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0711J3VCL/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

 

These have been well worth the purchase.  They keep our clothes separated, so we do not have to pull everything individually out of our bags. It has also made it easy to repack our bags.  They even provide slight compression or at least easier to squeeze these together individual clothing.  So far, the longest we have stayed at one single place is 5 days.  Many stays have been 1-2 days, so we are packing and unpacking a lot.  

 

We are still figuring out the laundry aspect of long travel with limited clothes.  We each have one backpack with about 10 outfits.  In South Africa, it was not too bad, as the temperature was mild are we did limited sweating.  However, in Morocco it is hot, 100+ most days, so our clothes are not lasting quite as long without smelling!!

Additionally, in Port Elizabeth, South Africa we needed a round of laundry to be completed. We arrived in the late afternoon and our reception said that we wouldn’t get our clean laundry back in time before we had to check out in the morning. However, they offered one of the hotel workers could do it independently of we wanted to work with her.  She came in and we had piles of clothes, nearly all our clothes.  The lady was so nice, we had four loads of laundry and she told us 200 Rand, which equals about $15. She brought bags and collected all our laundry.  We expected her to bring it back early in the morning before we left, however, two hours later she appeared.  All the laundry was ironed and nicely folded. We ended up giving her nearly twice what she requested, she was ecstatic.  She started hugging me and shaking Chris's hand.  The cost and clean laundry seemed to make both our days!  What we did learn was with large amounts of laundry it is smarter to contact the hotel and negotiate a price than pay the per article price.

 

Note:  Right now Elizabeth is doing laundry in the bathtube in our hotel.  We will see how it comes out!

Tags: cubes, laundry, packing

About bombardo-family

Glacier National Park 2014

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Morocco

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.