Existing Member?

The Year Trip We are on another grand family adventure. This time we are taking 10 months to circumnavigate the globe!

Tipping\Currency

USA | Saturday, 5 August 2017 | Views [383]

We are over a month into our trip and we have discovered to always have coins handy for tipping.

Currency and credit cards are another issue.  

 

In South Africa you will need to tip similar to the United States, however, it only needs to be about 10-15% for meals. If you plan to rent a car, be prepared to tip the gas attendant because you will not be pumping your own gas. A good amount is somewhere between 1-5 Rand.  Outside of tips we used very little South African Rand.  Everywhere excepted credit card.

In Morocco, we have encountered many places that does not accept credit card, so you will need to have cash handy.  Even the few places that we have encountered that accepted credit cards, seem to prefer cash.   It is very important to have coins handy here.  First, many of the toilets do not have toilet paper, but there is people outside looking for a tip to offer several squares.   There are also plenty of people wanting 2-20 dirham for a picture.  

 

Tags: money, morocco, south africa, tipping

About bombardo-family

Glacier National Park 2014

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.