Existing Member?

Canadian Adventures The world is a giant book, if you don't travel you're only reading the first page!

Debauchery in Amsterdam!

NETHERLANDS | Wednesday, 25 January 2006 | Views [1379]

Heya Hippies,

I made a whirlwind visit to Amsterdam to visit all the places that I was too stoned to visit last time. First port of call was the Heiniken Brewery for a brief history of beer followed by free samples, yay!! Then it was off to Anne Franks' house. This place was mind blowing, surreal and fascinating all at the same time. The images and artefacts were so vivid, it really made me appreciate growing up in a free country. I also did the other tourist things like the canals, Rembrandt House, Marijuanna and  Sex Museums etc.

That night I caught up with Dee's mates Kanut and Big G who took me to a couple of cool bars (and yes, got me stoned!). Walking round Amsterdam at night is constant entertainment! I went 'window shopping' and couldn't believe the variety of 'goods' on display. I ended up going to check out a sex show and was sitting there minding my own buisness, having a drink and trying not to look too dodgy and seedy, when I ended up getting dragged on stage. Was pretty funny as while I was dancing with a scantily clad girl I was accousted by a guy in a gorilla suit waving a gigantic knob in my face. Definitely a new experience!

After Amsterdam it was off to London to catch up with Wendy and Rino, it was awesome to see both after too long between drinks. Wendy took me ice skating on an outdoor rink in the middle of town which was awesome, while Rino and his mate Paul took me out for a night on the tiles, though Rino ended up pretty crook and piking early! It was a very funny night with way too many Tequila shots and loads of random crew.

I had done all the tourist stuff in London before so this time was about boozing and catching up with mates. I also got to catch up with Filthy and his new missus. Even though it was just a brief visit, I had an awesome time, definitely don't miss the cold miserable shitty winters they have though. By the time I left my liver was crying out for relief, along with my credit card and I was craving some Perth sun!

Keep smiling, Ben.

Tags: Culture

 

 

Travel Answers about Netherlands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.