Existing Member?

Canadian Adventures The world is a giant book, if you don't travel you're only reading the first page!

Full Moon Party!!

THAILAND | Monday, 1 January 2007 | Views [1870]

Heya Party People,

New Years is always a hit or miss night for me....its either a pearler or a stinker and this year was no different. The boys and I had an awesome night on Koh Phangan, site of the infamous full moon parties. New Years fell three days from the actual full moon but the party was huge none the less. We started on Koh Samui at 4pm with dinner and beers before catching a ferry to the island made famous by Leo di Caprio in "The Beach". It took about half an hour to get there with a close to overcrowded ferry. It felt a little dodgy but we arrived in one piece.

Walking down the main street we each picked up a bucket of Vodka and Red bull for 8 bucks and headed to the beach. There would be about 20,000 people later that night, but the party was just starting when we got there. It was a pretty surreal site with cheap drink and food stalls everywhere, fake tattoo shops (had to get an Aussie flag done!) and a beutiful beach enclosed in a small bay with tree covered mountains on either side.

It didn't take long for the party to crank up and we met heaps of random crew. Americans in togas, Canadian lads, a couple of cool and cute Greek girls, some very hot sweedish girls and heaps of other interesting people. I lost the boys around 1pm, Daddy G and Jake headed back early to chase girls on Koh Samui and Fowler got horribly lost with no cash for hours!

I spent the night boozing with Liana (cool and very cute Greek chick) and her sister, lost count of the Vodka and Red Bull buckets consumed and ended up drinking in a cool mountain side bar in the wee hours surrounded by dodgy pommie dudes who had drunk way to many 'mushy' shakes!! I left the party around 6:30am to catch the last ferry back and there were still thousands of crew dancing and boozing. It was a crazy scene on the beach with people either shagging in the water, passed out paraletic on the beach or still partying hard.

The ferry ride back was dodgy as and SOOOOOOOOOO LOOOOOONNNNNG, but Fowler and I finally made it. We must have looked feral, but I was past thinking let alone caring at that stage! Definitely one of the more memorable New Years Eve's thats I have ever had. Best of all, we went out and did it all again that night! Gotta love Thailand!!!!

Hope you all had a great and messy night (and easy hangover) whatever you got up to.

Keep smiling, Ben.

Tags: Party time

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.