Existing Member?

Canadian Adventures The world is a giant book, if you don't travel you're only reading the first page!

A Week With The Lads In Bali!

INDONESIA | Monday, 25 July 2005 | Views [1336]

Heya Island Hoppers,

What more can be said about Bali other than its bloody awesome!! Perfect weather, cheap booze and food, awesome people to meet and did I mention cheap beer??

Fowler, Jake, Daddy G, Whippa, Squirt and I headed to Bali to run amok in mid July, escaping our freezing winter and arriving in perfect 26 degree weather! We stayed at the infamous Bounty hotel with heaps of other young crew. Days were spent by the pool which had a cool bar and cheesy music playing all the time, drinking loads of Bintang. One afternoon we counted 25 hots chicks by the pool and only three blokes......good odds! Nights were spent at Paddy's meeting mostly other aussies. Although I did meet some Javanese guys who thought I was Wayne Carey hahaha!

One of the biggest nights we had was at the Ravoli where we had all you can eat for $25 and endless Jungle Juice, the stuff is toxic but gets ya smashed. We all brought headbands and were running amok. This is where I first met IVereena and her friend Regina, cool Austrian girls who's limited English is WAAAAAYYYY better than my non existant German! I had a great night boozing with both of them although it almost ended in tears when Verena and I came close to getting arrested on Kuta Beach. Lucky for me I was able to bribe my way out of trouble, cost me 80,000 and my watch but was worth it! Especially as the guy who wanted to arrest me was carrying a semi-automatic!

We didn't do alot of touring around although we did make it up to Ubud to check out the monkey forest. We spent alot of time hanging out with two Aussie girls from Melbourne, Kirstie and Helen, awesome chicks and alot of fun. I managed to get through 7 days without major tummy touble but Whippa and Daddy G weren't so fortunate, both spent many minutes on the throne!

Bali was awesome, though it felt wierd at times after the bombs and all, especially Paddy's and the site of the old Sari Club. The people can be a bit pushy as well, though I guess they are just trying to make a living. Had a wicked time though and that's the main thing.

Keep smiling, Ben.

Tags: Party time

 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.