Existing Member?

Into the blue... "LIFE BEGINS AT THE END OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE"

I'm running out of adjectives...

ECUADOR | Wednesday, 14 December 2011 | Views [438]

...to describe this place and the diving. Phenomenal doesn't seem to cut it anymore...

Did another 2 dives with Scuba Iguana today with Adam as my buddy again. We piled into cabs (flatbed trucks as they are here) and drove the 45 mins to the other side of Santa Cruz to jump on the boat and head to Seymour Island.

Water was a relatively warm 68def F (well...its all relative right!¡ That would NOT have been warm a month ago...) and my gear from Scuba Iguana is great...loving the hoods! Saw 3 White Tip Sharks lounging under a ledge...and think we managed to wake them (ooops) as I have video of one of them swimming right at me, then popping back to his place beside his mates. Should have been scared perhaps but with the camera in front of me....I feel invincible...no idea why really...all a bit odd (and they were only about 4 feet long!). Saw a gang of eagle rays, more turtles, schools of Pelican Barracuda, puffer fish and moray eel.

Had lunch on the boat, got back to the dock and chatted about the dives on the way back to the dive shop. Debrief at the dive shop, photo and video footage shared...another TOP day of diving in the Galapagos with great peeps.

I'm dreading leaving this place...and already thinking about when I can return...perhaps after I win lotto ;-)

X

About bekinthebigblue


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.