Existing Member?

Into the blue... "LIFE BEGINS AT THE END OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE"

Hammerhead Heaven!!!

ECUADOR | Tuesday, 13 December 2011 | Views [309]

Wow...what a day!!! Joined the the most experienced dive operator in Santa Cruz - Scuba Iguana. We did a 2-tank at Gordon Rocks...one of the most famous sites here...and I can see why.

As I was solo, I was buddied with Adam from the Czech Republic...he was on a rebreather so I was under pressure to ensure I was decent enough on my air! As it turned out, both our dives today were over an hour and we were the last peeps back on the boat. Adam was happy, and I was stoked I did well enough on my air with a rebreathing buddy. Our dives guides were fantastic...love these guys...

We saw loads of Hammerheads cruising past (and I FINALLY got a decent pic!), schools of Pelican Barracuda, turtles and all the usual amazing underwater suspects. Water was a bit warmer, plus I had a fantastic 7mm wetsuit and hood...I was pretty comfy!

What a phenomenal day...and I'm doing it again with Scuba Iguana tomorrow...woop woop!! I'm spending a small fortune...but don't care about that at this point in time...;-)

X

About bekinthebigblue


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.