Existing Member?

Into the blue... "LIFE BEGINS AT THE END OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE"

"Bek, I love ya like a sister, but get the hell out of our room!"

ECUADOR | Sunday, 4 December 2011 | Views [551]

...it appears Phil and Steve were getting sick of a rum-fueled Bek at 2am this morning. In all fairness, I was in the doorway, NOT the room...

4 amazing days on tour with 9 peeps from the station and hot showers weren't REMOTELY the highlight! Try swimming with more sea lions & turtles, photographing huge iguanas, sea lions, giant tortoises, spotted eagle rays, penguins and White Tip sharks, hiking through volcano craters, visiting giant tortoise breeding centers...and a bit more rum!

We visited 3 other islands in the archipelago - Floreana, Isabela and Santa Cruz. They all are very different from each other and have varying numbers of local populations, wildlife and differ wildly in size. Amazing places...just amazing. I think I will need to let the photos speak for themselves...

Our group got on famously together and only had one night on the sauce...great night at a disco tech...and I found Corona!! I know this is not normally something to rave about, but when your choices of alcohol are Pilsner, Club or rum, this kind of find can make you woop and holler. Sad, but true. Phil was getting his grove on in a big way on the dance floor, and Steve pulled out some fine moves...clearly the beer was doing it's job! Ended up at a hideous karaoke bar though, so called it quits earlier than we could have.

We have done a 'sneaky' and are staying in town tonight...none of us wanted to face the mozzies and the bumpy 45min taxi ride on the back of a flatbed truck after our trip. We will head back to the station tomorrow...after a sleep in...and arrive for lunch...ahhhhh bliss...

Couldn't get any diving in as our trip was jam packed, so this coming weekend I'll be arranging some...get me in that take-your-breath-away freezing Galapagos water. I'd like to order the viewing of a Hammerhead please, and a Whale Shark would top it off nicely.

I was planning on giving you a detailed account of the last 4 days, but think you get the gist! Phenomenal sums it up nicely :-)

XX

About bekinthebigblue


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.