Existing Member?

Into the blue... "LIFE BEGINS AT THE END OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE"

Swinging a machete whilst hideously hung over was not in the plan...

ECUADOR | Wednesday, 30 November 2011 | Views [465] | Comments [1]

...but that's what today held for me :)

After dinner and glorious chocolate cake last night, a few of the boys made a fire to rival any I have seen...top top work by the fire starters! We sat around randomly chatting, then headed to the bar around 8pm or so...then the night just got worse from then on. Pool and FAR too many rums for the birthday girl. I have photos I don't remember taking, and am in photos that I don't remember being taken...shocking admission by a 36 year old! Had a fantastic night with amazingly fun peeps. Phil and Silke had to drag/carry me home down the rocky road back to the station...in the dark...then they put me to bed...thanks guys!

Depressingly, this morning was more raspberry vine macheteing...was NOT feeling the love today. We drove an hour to the neighbors to help them out...by lunch time my hangover was in full swing, I was hot and no doubt sweating rum and I was not having any fun...but managed to cut my lines and do the job. Awful self inflicted crappy day! Worth it though...have some fantastic pics and memories.

After dinner at the station, was in bed by 830...ah bliss ;)

Ps. We drank the bar dry so they ended up kicking us all out...isn't this the sort of thing you're supposed to do when you're 21!?

Comments

1

"isn't this the sort of thing you're supposed to do when you're 21!?" 36 is the new 21 babe, dont worry your not the only one still cutting loose! Happy birthday, looks like you are having a ball, cant wait to catch up cuz.

  matt g Dec 5, 2011 9:05 AM

About bekinthebigblue


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.