Existing Member?

Into the blue... "LIFE BEGINS AT THE END OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE"

ITS MY BIRTHDAY!

ECUADOR | Tuesday, 29 November 2011 | Views [392]

And I'll...weed if I want to?

Well, it's better than some of the other options for today...

Got up, opened my door (after saying hi to George) and saw a beautiful flower, card and some choccie biccies from Christina and Silke - friends from Germany. They were my first tears of the day...then I got to breakfast and got about 25 hugs from the group...then got presented with a group photo taken last week that everyone had signed. More tears...very special morning. I have made some fantastic friends with amazing people :)

After breakfast 12 of us jumped into a truck and drove the 30mins to Galapagera - where we worked in a nursery hauling bags of compost and weeding. The rest of the group busied themselves with hoeing and helping around the station. Across the road from the nursery is a giant tortoise breeding centre, and we got a guided tour through it, saying hey to all the tortoises...I think I got the best deal today in terms of work! These things are HUGE! They had pens for all the small ones...and one of them had gotten himself upside down and his little legs were flailing away...had to laugh! The guide flipped him up the right way, but took the little guy a while to get over it ;)

We had the afternoon off after a good mornings work...and I had a hot shower....and I'm wondering if I just dreamed it?! Tonight Becka and Humphrey (couple from the UK) are on dinner and are doing me a cake...woop woop! We are also having a fire and stick bread (damper-type stuff, if you know what that is...) We also might head to the 'pub' and have a few rums...will try to get a few pics of me celebrating my 36th birthday in the Galapagos!

Am currently swinging in my hammock, looking forward to yummy dinner, birthday cake, mates, pingpong, pool and rum.

Am thinking of my bestie mates and family a lot today. You know who you are and I love ya. I'll raise a glass of rum to you all later ;)

Miss you all XX

About bekinthebigblue


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.