Existing Member?

Into the blue... "LIFE BEGINS AT THE END OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE"

Goodbye Jatun Sacha...

ECUADOR | Friday, 9 December 2011 | Views [396]

Three amazing weeks over at Jatun Sacha. Time spent with phenomenal people from all parts of the world with amazing lives, stories and inspirational plans. You have all made this experience one of the best things I have ever done and I cannot wait to see where your lives take you!

I've loved sharing meals with you (save for the burnt porridge incident), playing cards and SPOONS!, getting whipped at ping pong, drinking terrible Pilsner and only slightly better rum, sitting in trucks en route to machete mora, planting seeds, hauling compost, chopping banana trees or weeding covered in mozzie spray and mozzie netting, sharing hangovers and an amazing 4 day trip around the Galapagos...

Last night turned into the most hysterical experience of my time at Jatun Sacha! Me, Bailey and Steve were celebrating our final night...and the rum def got the better of Steve...he was still hugely lacking sobriety this morning and the hilarity just continued! I sat behind my camera most of the night videoing the absolute circus that unfolded...including Jimmy and Steve trying to 'out do' Bailey with gymnastic moves. Boys...she was a gymnast and cheerleader, so you never really had a chance to look anything but hysterically stoopid...but thank god you tried...wait for the link to You Tube ;-)

This morning we piled into the trucks for the trip to town...with Steve and Jimmy in my truck, ensuring it was one of the funniest 30mins of my life!! I'm not sure about Jimmy, but Steve hadn't had time to get remotely sober...laughing at someone else expense is always top of my list...love you boys ;-)

Once in town Steve went straight to bed (prob a good call...) while the rest of us caught up with Becka-I think I'll chop onto my foot with a machete-Houghton and Humphrey...we missed you! Phil and I got another 2 dives booked for Kicker Rock tomorrow....woop woop! Requesting Hammerhead...PLEASE!

X

About bekinthebigblue


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.