Existing Member?

Into the blue... "LIFE BEGINS AT THE END OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE"

Last full day at Jatun Sacha...how did that happen so damn fast?

ECUADOR | Thursday, 8 December 2011 | Views [359]

It's 930am and I'm sitting in a hammock next to Silke listening to music (on my awesome iPad which I now cannot live without...thanks Andy!) and reliving the most amazing last 3 weeks. The group has gone to hoe vine roots (joke in there somewhere) but Steve and I are on lunch, so need to be in the kitchen for 10am. Silke has stayed back as she's not feeling so good. There is no sun this morning but from the hammocks I'm looking out over the forest to the ocean and having a good bit of 'me' time, which I've (amazingly) come to enjoy.

Will spend this weekend in San Cristobal at the Northia (hostel) with peeps from the station, say a few final goodbyes to those leaving and will spend next weekend at the Northia also as everyone from the station (who have not left!) will be there. Decided to head to Santa Cruz during next week for a few days of diving, and I think Phil might join - woop woop...a diving we will go! Fly to Quito on December 18 which is a Sunday...then onto Brisbane on December 21.

...it's now 5pm...and I'm back on the hammock. Had a super free day today :-). Steve and I weren't really needed in the kitchen and only chopped salad before being 'let go'. I've spent most of day playing pingpong with Steve (he's taught me well, but the student will NEVER be the master), listening to music, hammock-ing, reading and packing to go. Dinner is in an hour, followed (I'm pretty sure) by cards then the bar for me, Steve and Baileys last night. Am thinking I need to have a few rums...can't face the Pilsner...

About bekinthebigblue


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.