Existing Member?

Into the blue... "LIFE BEGINS AT THE END OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE"

Hammerhead...tick!!

ECUADOR | Saturday, 10 December 2011 | Views [290]

BEST DIVE OF MY LIFE. Think that about covers it...

Phil and I joined Tranquil Divers again for 2 more dives at Kicker Rock from San Cristobal. First dive included 6ft hammerhead cruising past us, Silky and Galapagos Sharks EVERYWHERE you looked (literally every 30 seconds), huge green turtles silhouetted on the surface in 3s and 4s, on the wall, swimming past us, around us, and 2 sea lions joined us at about 50ft for some play time. Not to mention the schools of thousands of fish, swaying in the swell of Kicker Rock. Ummm...what more could you possibly want?! In heaven :-)

In the evening the hostel put on a BBQ for us all...but as Phil and I had to get up at 6am the next day to get a boat to Santa Cruz (to dive of course...), I was in bed pretty early. I really am a cool kid :-)

Said goodbye to Steve today...sad times after spending so much time with him. I guess that's the trouble with meeting amazing people in such an amazing place. Next weekend will be similar...saying adios to loads of Jatun Sacha peeps that have become friends and inspirations.

X

About bekinthebigblue


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.