Existing Member?

THE world trip his journal is to let all those i know and care about (hello!) get a little bit more info about what im doing, and where. Also, its a gesture to calm my poor mums nerves whilst her first born child explores the big wide world. Hopefully it wont back fire

1 week to go- I know im gonna forget something important....like myself

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 20 February 2007 | Views [536] | Comments [2]

Testing, testing....

I know i should learn to curb my enthusiasm, but as im in the final stages of preparation, i thought id give my journal a whirl; purely as  a means to jog my memory of course in case ive forgot something crucial. Its not like ive finshed work, and need something to help me pass the time. No, not i.

So, i think i have most things in order ( and should hope so too, after being rinsed at both the doctors and the chemist for my hard earned cash- its tough parting with £12.99 for a pair of, what are essentially, tight socks, on the off chance you might get DVT). The bag, when packed, is now looking upsettingly full. This is despite my best endevours to follow the die hard travellers advice of " take half your clothes out, and take double the money". (I assure you, this phrase is all over travel sites. However, I dont want to smell constantly. Only time will tell if my back will take the strain, or whether in a fit of annoyance i ditch all my belongings in lake titicaca).

Hopefully, the next time i write i will be safely in Lima. So, as all this seems to be working well, I will leave it until next time and get back to last minute prep. Which is mostly sleeping and eating.

I can't wait to get going!

Tags: The Planning Phase

Comments

1

From all at World Nomads. Good luck with the trip ! Awesome you're staring at Lima, it's a cracking place, just watch your pockets on the Lima Metro. Remember to grab our Spanish language guide before you head off, might help with ordering some beer!

  kipnomad Feb 20, 2007 4:10 PM

2

watch out for the goat over by the door!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  richard Feb 22, 2007 7:19 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.