Existing Member?

frightful tales (don't judge me)

It's been a long time, been a long time coming...

CHINA | Thursday, 29 October 2009 | Views [811] | Comments [2]

So i am ashamed to say that the inspiration behind this oh-very-creative title was P.O.D, the band i listened to when i was in 7th grade. They were bad-ass, talking about god and all...Don't judge me! it was 7th grade...and maybe a few more years after. Don't even point out the logic. (if i listened to it in 7th grade, how could i remember the words? i would obviously have had to listen to the music recently...) My response: 7th grade was only a few years ago for me!!


i am afraid i may be losing some of my sarcasm. sometimes i wake up during the night in a cold sweat just thinking about it. i have been trying so hard to get my students to understand things, simple things, and have not been able to be sarcastic (b/c that boggles their minds for some reason) so i feel like i am wasting my brain cells (because all of my brain cells are sarcastic). yes, teaching has made me that bitter that i use brain cells as a reason to not teach. it is not my calling, especially when i only try to be friends with everyone, which brings me to another story...

In pretty much the only class that i enjoy teaching, there is...oh-you-guessed-it, a boy, who is very good at English and helps me study. i would say we are getting to know each other. at first, i will admit, i was interested in what would come of it, he's cute and nice and understands most of what i say. He also had a quality that made me very interested. He was mysterious. He would look at me sometimes and i would have no clue what he's thinking. i would ask "hey, what are you thinking?" (the subtle person i am) and he would say "oh, nothing" For some reason, it made me want him more. Then a few nights ago, maybe a week ago, i don't know, he said he wanted to confess something. he did it through e-mail (oh you chinese people and using technology to communicate)....it was scary, that e-mail...i shuder even thinking about it. he said he loved me........................................................................... yeah. my thoughts exactly. who the fuck would say that to me????!!!!  so i did what any girl named Sarah Judith Hewitt would do. i ignored it, and did not mention it. i thought i did a good job of just letting it die. that is, until he asked me how i felt a few days later. i did not tell him how i felt, because the truth is, i didn't know. he was no longer appealing in any way because he lost his mysteriousness. he was no longer the unattainable. so finally, like two, three nights ago, i told him i only wanted to be his friend. since then he has avoided the heck out of me. lovely story. so i feel like a pathetic little girl because by ignoring things, i sort of led him on. and then i emotionally kicked him in the balls. i feel bad, yet, the masochistic part in me is just jumping for joy because HA! the little boy told me he loved me and he expected me to say that i loved him back? Dumb ass! i don't even know him well enough for that.


that is all i want to say on that topic. i feel a little uncomfortable just thinking about it. in other news, the hotel sucks. reebs was in the hospital and is recovering slowly. i officially suck at Chinese. i am excited for beijing. the weather is like ohio. tyler has an awesome class with two really cute guys that are good at english and i don't have the courage to ask them to help me study (since i lost my friend who would normally help, and yes i know i only ask boys to help me study). i have one class i really like, the others make me feel like i am constantly PMSing because they make me happy one week then piss me off the next. i got my hair cut and i love it. 10 kuai. reebs and i go running at night with our friend yao. she's awesome. and that's basically it.

Comments

1

Oh P.O.D., you made us thinking rocking about J.C. could be cool, then you made that stupid song for the Matrix soundtrack, sellouts. In other news I laughed hysterically. In case you didn't know your phone blows.

  joshuapatterson23 Oct 30, 2009 2:36 AM

2

Of all the things you could be waking up from in a cold sweat about, your sarcasm shouldn't be one of them. I mean, you DO rely on it quite a bit for your humor, and the Chinese may not understand it, but use it none the less. Imagine that there is a little me in your purse. Pull me out when you use some sarcasm, and imagine my dry, but still humorous retort.

Also, girls like you are the reason that boys like me and JP don't bother. Oh yeah, you're cool. I like you. Wait...what? You like me? That isn't cool. I'm going to avoid you...and kick you in the balls. And not just the reproductive organ, the emotional epicenter, the love muscle if you will.

That ain't cool. That's downright cold blooded.

  cross Oct 31, 2009 3:02 AM

About avoidthenastyones


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.