Existing Member?

frightful tales (don't judge me)

Monday November 9, 2009

CHINA | Monday, 9 November 2009 | Views [691] | Comments [1]

so today is monday. you know what i say about mondays, right?! the fabulous start to a tremendous week!!!! (ok, so anybody who knows me should know i don't say that. just sayin) but yeah, lately it has not been toooo boring here, and by not toooo boring i mean i haven't wanted to shove pencils in my pupils (ahhh! which pupils am i talking about? you be the judge). i went to lushun yesterday since our school and hotel did not have power. i bought clothes and went to the arcade. yes, a chinese arcade is similar to an american arcade, except that the arcade is a tad bit hotter and smellier. i tried my hand at some skiing. basically if i ever tried skiing in real life i would die. because of course arcade skiing tells you how it's really gonna be. so if i go from rock to rock in the game, splitting my skull open, ...you can figure it out. 

i teach today. let me tell you how excited i am.

anyway, i think i have gained some weight. i began to suspect the extra weight  might be from the pure muscle i gained from all the use of gong fu in daily life, but i have begun to realize i was wrong. it's actually called fat.


well, that's depressing me. so on to another topic. i am freezing. my poor pathetic fingers are working so hard to press the keys down, they are numb and purple. my god. the dedication i show. i painstakingly write these honest to the core words. someday someone will appreciate them. i know it.

ok, i am done being dramatic, done procrastinating (until i find another method, maybe the watching of chinese soap operas will be next) and i will try to study, come up with a lesson plan, get my life back on track, reconnect with loved ones, etc etc etc etc.

Tags: dedication to the art, purple fingers, skiing

Comments

1

I'd like to think your Chinese pupils because your glasses would stop the pencils from making it to your eyes. I try to convince everybody all my weight comes from muscle and they usually don't agree. Then of course I tell them it is surgically implanted Kevlar, to turn aside knives and small caliber rounds from my vital organs. In the end they all know it is just fat. All of my students tell me they bought a hot baby for the winter, not sure what it is but you might want one. Or you could call your Chinese friend up that you shot down, for some snuggle time. It doubles as a heat source and procrastination.

  joshuapatterson23 Nov 10, 2009 12:08 AM

About avoidthenastyones


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.