Existing Member?

avant-garde_chauvintist wandering through the garden of ideals

Summer fever

CHINA | Monday, 2 June 2008 | Views [531]

My students are driving me insane right now.  Only a couple of weeks left before finals, and they are definitely ready for summer.  As am I, compounding the situation. 

I still can't figure out why, after 10 months of working with them, they can't shut up during class.  Why they can't get to class on time.  Why they can't just do their work orderly to make the experience easier for everyone.  Everyday, I ponder how to make it a more pleasant task for everyone.  But, in the end, I just give up and try to make the best of what it is.

I have another quiz.  Another exam.  Another project.  And more of Back to the Future to do before the end of the semester.  Meanwhile, I have to pack, ship stuff home, get my visas taken care of, and find couch surfers all over the world. 

I have a stack of papers to grade.  A stack of borrowed movies to watch.  A huge pile of winter clothes to try to fit into small, rectangular Chinese shipping boxes. 

The warm weather has come...and it's effect is no different on Chinese students.  Everyone is a hostage right now.  And the 90 minutes of prison cause everyone to break out their files to wear down the bars. 

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.