Existing Member?

avant-garde_chauvintist wandering through the garden of ideals

The freakin' weekend?

CHINA | Sunday, 11 May 2008 | Views [713] | Comments [1]

A pretty unsubstantial weekend as the course of events go. 

After my couch surfer left on Saturday morning, I'd be hard pressed to find anything significant that happened in my life.  I slept nearly all day Saturday (I woke up at 8 am to say goodbye and couldn't bring myself out of the early morning stupor until about 3 pm).

It was then I realized I'd wasted a beautiful day.  Gorgeous, in fact. 

Today, I didn't do anything but buy water and some food for lunch/dinner.  Linner, if you will.  Or maybe dunch.  It wasn't brunch, which is currently my most favoritest meal.  But it was a happy compromise. 

I was sort of depressed about not receiving a single phone call about the happenings of Saturday night.  I was debating about whether I'd developed an odor problem or my personality simply wasn't what I thought it was...

Then, at about 3 pm, I received a text that was sent at 7 pm last night.  Which led me to the conclusion that my phone is dead.  Apparently, mishandling Chinese phones isn't acceptable.  I think I've dropped it one too many times, because it wouldn't let me make a call explaining why I hadn't responded.  Or send a text.  I wound up calling Mario on skype to explain my anti-social-ness.

The relief of my lack of an offensive personality or smell led me to go for a walk.  During the walk, the constant rain of the day (yes, it's becoming a theme) turned into the sun peaking through actual clouds (not the pollution saturated atmosphere that I've become used to).  Which perked me up even more.

Planning classes, watching a BBC documentary, and generally lazing about followed.  Leading me to this moment.  Whereby I type my random ramblings to an audience that hopefully exists...

Comments

1

Oh, Lea, you will always have an audience so don't worry about that. I'm always waiting for your next ramblings and disappointed when you take a few days off or go off on an adventure and don't have time to write. Miss you lots! Aunt Cathy

  Big Cat May 12, 2008 5:39 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.