Existing Member?

avant-garde_chauvintist wandering through the garden of ideals

Saturday

CHINA | Saturday, 3 May 2008 | Views [520]

I spent the day recovering. Even though I didn't get much sleep, I "woke up" slightly hung over from the festivities of Hagen's last night. I put on a movie and slept nearly all day.

Around dinner time, the phone calls started coming. I decided to meet up with a few friends for a cheap dinner of dumplings and beer. Afterward, the opportunity to watch a break dancing competition presented itself.

I didn't understand much as it was almost exclusively in Chinese, but it was entertaining. My favorite part was the MC who rapped in Chinese mixed with English words like "yeah" and "check it out".

I ended up cutting out early, though. The sleepless night had caught up with me and I was crashing fast.

The taxi driver didn't know where my university was, didn't understand when I told him, and called someone to find out. Oddly, I understood nearly the entire conversation and was a bit concerned about where he might take me. He was friendly and smilely though and listened when I directed him the right way as he continually tried to take the Second Ring Road instead of the Third or get off the highway three stops too soon.

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.