Existing Member?

avant-garde_chauvintist wandering through the garden of ideals

Mario is not hot-headed

CHINA | Thursday, 14 February 2008 | Views [514] | Comments [1]

Mario is opinionated. Mario is smart. Mario gets a kick out of arguing. But he is not hot-headed.

After traveling with him for about a month and learning a lot about him in the last five that we've been living together in Beijing, I realized these things.

He has opions. He will share them. He may raise his voice to express them. He's Italian, after all. But he will not get angry. He will not get a sour expression. And he will concede if he feels you're right.

He and Ilan got in an argument about which album "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd is on. I have no idea which album it's on, so I won't try to recreate the sides, but Mario was convinced he was right. As was Ilan. A Y1 bet followed.

One a bus in some city of our adventure, Mario was sleeping. Suddenly, abruptly, he awoke and proclaimed, "You're right!" In a way that made little sense at the time, he was admitting that Ilan was right about the album. He'd been singing it in his head during his sleep.

So Mario is not hot-headed.

Tags: On the Road

Comments

1

about bet...Ilan told me he would never bet on things he's not sure... this's another prove!

  You Feb 24, 2008 11:41 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.