Existing Member?

avant-garde_chauvintist wandering through the garden of ideals

Evaluation of Frank Sun and F & S Education

CHINA | Thursday, 24 January 2008 | Views [3764] | Comments [7]

To whom it may concern:

I would like to express formally my feelings toward F & S Education, the China Internship Program, and Frank Sun.

Firstly, I want to state that my overall experience in China has been wonderful so far.  I've met amazing people, visited really interesting places, and generally enjoyed teaching.

Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of the company that I'm working for.  F & S Education is not well organized, not well run, and not a good company to send Americans to work for.  It is my opinion, after the last five and a half months of work, that the United States government, the Fulbright website, the United State Graduate School, and any other reputable program should NOT be affiliated with F & S Education now or in the future.

My experience in China began in Shanghai after a 14 hour flight.  I arrived on August the 2, 2007, to meet two men who did not speak English.  Every question I asked received an answer to a different question, but I was too tired to deal with the details.  We drove for nearly seven hours to my new home in Dongyang, China.  I realized soon after that the two men were the men I was working with.  My "boss,” Mr. Zhou, did not speak English at all.  His friend, Mr. Li, spoke enough English to probably claim that he was fluent. Understandably, communicating with them was very difficult.  

The month that I spent in Dongyang was peppered with many traditional Chinese banquets in which I was the only person who didn't speak Chinese and the only person who did speak English.  Mr. Li and Mr. Zhou dragged me from banquet to banquet (which last in excess of two hours).  During the banquets, they would often offer me alcohol in addition to the surplus of food, as they themselves proceeded to get drunk.  

On my very first day in Dongyang, they brought me to one such banquet.  During it they got so drunk that I was tempted to jump behind the wheel as they drove me back to the hotel I was staying at (I did not have an apartment at this time).  Once we arrived (and I breathed a deep sigh of relief), Mr. Li invited himself up to my hotel room to rest.  During this time, the drunk man lain on my bed while I was reading a book on the same bed.  Needless to say, this made me very uncomfortable.  I was not sure why the situation happened or what to do during it.  My only comfort was that I was completely sober.  Eventually, he decided that it was time to go to the school to see my classroom.  When we arrived, we found that Mr. Zhou was sitting in a pool of his own vomit in the school cafeteria.  Mr. Zhou was the "principal" figure at this school.  

The month proceeded in much the same way.  I avoided the banquets when I could, but I ended up attending quite a few in which I was offered much alcohol.  The words, "Lea, maybe one day you will get drunk with us," actually came from Mr. Li's mouth.  I was astonished that I was left in a situation where I was the only foreigner in the entire city, and I didn't speak any Chinese (speaking Chinese was not a requirement of the program).  Further, I was dealing with men who drank far too much, attempted to get me drunk at every occasion possible, acted inappropriately, and didn't really speak English.  I did not complain about this experience because I was told I would be living in Dongyang for one year.  I didn’t want to cause further discomfort in my situation.

 

In addition, my living conditions in Dongyang were very different from what was described when I applied for the program.  I was left in an apartment (after living in a hotel from August 2 to August 6 ) with a bathroom, a bed, a desk, and a makeshift closet.  There was no "sitting area, kitchen..., TV, telephone..., fridge, washing machine..." as is described in both the application flyer and the contract that I signed.  (Quoted from the contract, leaving out accommodations that were provided.)  I complained to Frank Sun, who said it was temporary for one month.

Email dated August 13, 2007

Lea Witkowski wrote, “.…Also, I know you mentioned that this apartment is temporary until September.  I wanted to make sure that we are on the same page.  When I was accepted to this program, I agreed under certain conditions.  One of these was the living conditions.  The paper work that I have says that I would be given an apartment with western conveniences including TV, washing machine, and a refrigerator.  I don't want to be asked to move to another unsuitable apartment in September.” 

Email dated August 14, 2007

Frank Sun wrote, “Hi, Lea, you gave me a long email. don't worry about visa and working permit..i wil take care of that...other issues i will confirm the school and let you know. yours, frank”

 

In Dongyang, I was not teaching classes, but a camp.  The camp consisted of one class with anywhere between 4-8 students during the course of three weeks.  Their ages ranged from 11 to 18.  I had four classes with the same students each day.  I was told to sing English songs and play English games with them, which I attempted to do.  

Email dated August 3, 2007

Lea Witkowski wrote, “As far as specifics go, what exactly is expected of me?  Mr. Zhou and Mr. Li told me that I'll have two groups of students primary and middle school age and that I will be working with them on the lighter stuff (like singing songs and learning English phrases).  Will I have a syllabus (I remember reading something about that in the information originally sent to my about this program).”

Email dated August 3, 2007

Frank Sun wrote, “Hi Lea, i know you got there in China and everything is basically okay so far there. You will teach some summer programs there in Dongyang before we start the high school programs in September. There are syllabus but it is not a normal classes so you don't have to bother too much. It is a casual English summer programs and most of children can not speak good English but they speak some basic English. They have learned English for a couple of years.”

I had no book, no further instructions, no teaching assistant, and no clue how to deal with students who ranged so greatly in age and English abilities (some of them didn't speak English at all).  

After this camp, on August 23, I went to Dalian, China, for orientation where I met the other teachers in the internship program. The orientation began on August 27, and to my surprise, many of the other teachers had just arrived and several hadn't taught at all.  I was told that I had to be in China for the 1st of August, but that was apparently not true.  Further, I was the only one who had a working visa.  I was told that I had to get a working visa before coming to China. This involved two trips to Houston (a five hour drive) before 9 am to get the visa application completed in one day.  It was two trips because I was given paperwork to get a business visa before the working visa paperwork was completed.  After getting the business visa ($80), I was told that I had to get a working visa (another $80).  

            Email dated June 23, 2007

Lea Witkowski wrote, “I was planning on going to Houston sometime in the next two weeks.  Is there a best time?  Should I wait for you to finish the work permit?  I'm going to be leaving the country again for one week at the end of July, so I wanted to make sure I had everything taken care of before that.  But since my sole purpose in going to Houston is to get this visa, I just have to make sure I have a way to get there.  So let me know when is best and I can arrange things around that.” 

Email dated June 26, 2007

Frank Sun wrote, “You can make your plan for your visa. In case we get all documents done, i will notify you in time. If you have got your visa,that would be fine and we can convert your tourist visa to working visa. Pls be reminded that you don't have to show the invitation letter for tourist visa application. You can apply business visa with that invitation letter i sent to you.”

Email dated July 3, 2007

Lea Witkowski wrote, “I'm going to Houston tomorrow to get my visa.  I'll see what they say about the tourist or business situation.”

Email dated July 6, 2007

Frank Sun wrote, “I just got approval for your working visa to China. Pls kindly let me know your mailing address so i can send you the original documents for your working visa application.  you'd better to re-apply a working visa with the approval documents so none of us have to be bothered for the visa again in China. with that approval you can get a one-year working visa with multi-entry. pls be advised.”

Email dated July 7, 2007

Lea Witkowski wrote, “What do I need to do with the paperwork once I get it?  I have the F visa which is valid for 60 days right now.  Do I need to worry about this before I leave for China, or once I get there?”

Email dated July 8, 2007

Lea Witkowski wrote, “I'm going to see what's possible about getting another visa, but I'm not sure that I have time.  Is it possible to have this taken care of once I get to China given the time constraints and the fact that I already have a visa?  Also, it's nearly impossible to do it after July 28 because I leave on the first.  If it takes three working days, then I won't receive my visa before I leave the country.  Again, I'm going to do my best to take care of it.”

Email dated July 9, 2007

Frank Sun wrote, “the best and most efficient way would be to get visa in US before you come here, that is the reason why we tried our best to get your working visa approved in advance. It is possible to do it in China but very complicated and cost time and energy. It is very easy to get working visa with that documents in US. Pls just call the Consulate and you will get the information. Pls tell them that you are going to teach in Dalina Sunshine School. Dalian Sunshine School and the Dongyang school is sister school of us.”

Email dated July 31, 2007

Lea Witkowski wrote, “It's been awhile since we have had contact.  I have the visa taken care of, and I'm in the process of packing.  I was wondering if there's anything else I need to do or prepare for before I leave tomorrow.”

NOTE:  I did not receive a response from Frank Sun until I had arrived in China.

I was never reimbursed for these visas even though my contract says that the company will pay for the working visas ("Party A [F & S Education] will take care of Party B's [me] working visa, process and pay for the working visa for the employee and get employee a Foreign Teaching Expert if party B is qualified [ sic.]” [quoted from the contract with F & S Education]).  

The orientation included a tour of Dalian and an explanation of what was expected of us.  During this time, I was told that I would be moving to another school because the people in Dongyang were dissatisfied with me.  This was very hard for me to believe as they didn't speak English, they didn't sit in on any of my classes, and they gave me absolutely no instructions on what I was supposed to do with the students.  I was told I would be moving to another city in the same province and that my moving expenses would be paid.  By the end of the week of orientation, I was moving to Beijing (literally across the country) to teach at a university.

Perhaps, this was the best and most inconvenient experience of my whole experience in China.  I did move shortly after returning to Dongyang and was picked up at the airport by a woman who spoke no English.  She brought me directly to the university where I witnessed a heated conversation (in Chinese) about why my visa expired the next day.  I was whisked to my new boss's office to explain the situation.  Wei Ping (my boss) was extremely worried about the visa situation.  I tried to explain that I had emailed and spoken to Frank Sun several times asking to have it updated since I had arrived in China, but it was all greeted with a happily dismissive, we still have time.  

Email dated August 13, 2007

Lea Witkowski wrote, “…Mr. Li and Mr. Zhou took me to get my residence permit today.  I'm not sure, however, that they understand what need.  We went to a local police station and got a permit for one month.  which is exactly what I already have.  I was under the impression that we were going to get my permit that would be good for a year.   I tried to explain that what we got today was completely unnecessary and that I need the year permit, and I think they understood, but I thought they understood what I needed originally.”

Email dated August 14, 2007

Frank Sun wrote, “Hi, Lea, you gave me a long email. don't worry about visa and working permit..i wil take care of that...other issues i will confirm the school and let you know. yours, frank”  (This response is repeated because it’s all that Frank Sun replied to an email about my living conditions and the visa situation.)

Wei Ping said that having an expired visa in China is a very bad thing and that there was no way the school could have it updated in time.  I was in Beijing less than 12 hours before I was on another flight to Dalian.  

In Dalian, I endured the medical exam (which I was told had to be completed before I left the States costing me over $100).

            Email dated May 8, 2007

Lea Witkowski wrote, “I'm going to apply for an F (business) visa.  Do I need the medical report filled out for this visa?  The Chinese Embassy's web site doesn't seem to indicate so, but in your requirements it's mentioned.  I don't want to get there and not have the apporporiate documentation.”

Email dated May 7, 2007 (China time)

Frank Sun wrote, “Since you have had a degree, so we will have try to get you a working visa. A working visa need a medical report, which should be 12-month long and multi-entry to China.”

I was also registered with the police office.  I was told to say that I was working in Dalian and living at another teacher's apartment.  All of this completed, I returned to Beijing to begin teaching.  I was told that the whole process would be completed in about two weeks.

           

I began teaching in Beijing and realized that I'm much more suited to teach at the university level.  Completely content with my situation, I was finally starting to settle down in China.  Before my visa was updated, however, I was told that I could no longer live in my apartment because it was connected with the police system, and I was technically an illegal alien.  I was forced to move all of my belongings into another apartment further from campus until my visa was complete.  I was told I would be there two or three days.  The apartment did not have hot water.  Extremely perturbed, I agreed to move until the weekend when I could go back to Dalian and have this entire mess completed.  

As the weekend passed, I contacted Frank Sun via cell phone text messages to find out why I wasn't given flight details.  He said that the visa wasn't complete and that I wouldn't be able to move until the next week.  I tried to explain that this situation was not acceptable and that it should have been done well before this happened, but there was nothing that could be done at this point.  

 

The next week, I missed my classes to go back to Dalian by train (it’s not possible to fly with an expired visa).  This time I was brought straight from the train station to the visa office to finish the paperwork.  I was told that the visa laws had changed and that F & S wasn't aware that it had to be done in 30 days.  Frank Sun contacted someone he knew in the visa office to have it fixed for a fee instead of my having to go to Hong Kong to reenter mainland China.  I was later told by a third party that the visa laws in China have NOT, in fact, changed; it's always been a 30 day deadline with a working visa.  In addition, there was a note stapled in my passport by the Chinese consulate in Houston explaining in Chinese and English that the visa had to be updated with 30 days of arrival (this is how I knew).  The paper was ripped out and thrown away by Jonah Chang, Frank Sun's assistant at F & S Education, while were in the process of getting it updated on my first return trip to Dalian.  I returned to Beijing sans my passport (the visa office had to hold it to put in my new visa), but with a foreign expert certificate, which allowed me to fly within the country.

After all of this was complete, I was finally a legal citizen of China and could move back to my much more suitable apartment.  Another teacher visited me from Dalian about two weeks after this and brought me my passport.  I thought I was done with the difficulties of working with Frank Sun.  I was wrong.  

My contract states that I would be paid on the 10th of the following month of service.  When the morning of November 10th (a Saturday) rolled around and I hadn't been paid for October, I contacted Frank Sun via cell phone text messages to find out why.  He said that I should have been paid on Friday, but if I hadn't I would be paid the following Monday since it was the weekend.  I told him that I couldn't wait until Monday, to which he responded that if I needed money I should have told him.  I responded that I was unaware that I had to ask to be paid on time.  After this incident, I consulted my contract.  There is nothing in the contract that explains that if the 10th is on a weekend payment will be received the following Monday.  "Party B's monthly salary will be Y4500-Y5000 Yuan RMB, the pay day is 10th day of next month.  If not a full month, the salary will be prorated (days times salary/30). [ sic.]"  Further, F & S Education and all banks in China are opened on the weekends.  The payment was received around 7 pm that night after many text messages to Frank Sun.

Also concerning my contract, it states clearly that "each class has no more than 24 students, normally less than 20 students".  I have five classes that I see four times a week for 45 minutes, which is completely within the terms of the contract.  However, each class is in excess of 30 students, many are closer to 40.  Dealing with this many students is difficult in any situation, but as I was teaching spoken English, the difficulties were exacerbated.  Further, the contract says that I would be receiving free Chinese lessons for the duration of the contract (In the "Benefits" section it states, "Twice free Chinese classes per week".).  These never materialized.  I spoke with a colleague at the university who suggested a Chinese text, and I met a Chinese girl who is attempting to help me learn the language.  But I have yet to have a formal class arranged. 

The final bit of drama that Frank Sun threw my way involved my leaving the company.  My boss at Beijing University of Technology, Wei Ping, offered me a direct contract with the university instead of through Frank.  This contract would have basically the same terms, but would pay me Y6000 instead of Y4500 and offer me Y5000 in the form of an airfare bonus instead of the additional $300 (Y2250) that Frank Sun offered.  Further, signing with the university insured that I would not be reassigned to another location, which could be anywhere in China.  In other words, the BJUT contract was better in every regard.  I received an email from Frank Sun reminding me that it was time to resign the contract with F & S Education.

Email dated November 22, 2007

Frank Sun wrote, “It is the time to decide to stay or leave. If you want to stay and teach in the University in Beijing, we can talk with the university, increase your int'l airfare bonus plus extension of your international insurance. If you prefer to sign contract with the school directly, that would be fine but we have to terminate your working visa first and you have to responsible for your international insurance. Chinese universities won't provide any international insurances.  Pls let me know your decision in your earliest convenience.”

Email dated November 23, 2007

Lea Witkowski wrote, “I talked to Wei Ping today, and I have decided to sign a contract directly with the university.  He called someone while I was in his office to sort out the visa situation and was told that it's not a problem.  I don't understand all the details of the Chinese visas, but he did mention that it would not have to be canceled, only transferred to Beijing.  If you have more questions about it, you should talk to Wei Ping as, again, I do not understand the entire process.  He did mention, however, that I would need a letter with a stamp from F & S Education saying that my contract with you will be finished on January 16 and that's why we're transferring the visa.  As soon as you can get this to me the better.  He doesn't want to have to go through what I already dealt with with my visa expiring.”

Email dated November 24, 2007

Frank Sun wrote, “Hi Lea, Weiping called me and asked if it was possible to transfer you to work in his university and sign contract directly. Normally we request our intern teachers return back to US upon completion of the internship. I will talk with Weipint to sort it out...It is not a big problem but not that easy either. We have to do much paper work for your transfer and visa issue.”

            Email dated November 24, 2007

Lea Witkowski wrote, “Thanks for the heads up. However, I wanted to remind you that there is nothing in my contract that prevents me from changing companies or asks me to return to the United States once I have completed my contract with F & S Education.  No where in any paperwork I have is this stated, nor did you say anything to this effect in any email or face to face conversation I have had with you.  The opportunity at the university is much better for my situation (they are paying me more and giving me more money in the form of an airfare bonus).  In addition, it's much easier to work with people who are in the same city as I am.  Further, Wei Ping told me that transferring the visa was NOT a big deal.  He did not mention an excessive amount of paperwork, only one letter from you with a stamp stating that my contract with you will be complete on January 16th.  Finally in you last email you said, "If you prefer to sign contract with the school directly, that would be fine..."  I'm unsure as to how it went from "fine" to "not that easy". Please let me know if there is anything I can do to speed up this process.  Again, I do not want to be in a situation in which my visa expires again.  As it is now November, I do not see a reason that this cannot be completed long before January.”

Email dated November 28, 2007

Lea Witkowski wrote, “I just spoke with Wei Ping.  He told me he had spoken with you about my signing another contract with you.  Frankly, I do not see how this would benefit me at all.  As I have already said, the contract with the university is better in every regard.  Further, I am not leaving my position to start at another school.  In other words, you do not have to replace me.  I'm not sure what all the trouble is.  Wei Ping reminded me that I need a letter with a stamp stating my contract is over with F & S on January 16th.  I need this as soon as possible so that I can transfer my visa without having to deal with all the trouble of it expiring.  Please respond as soon as possible.”

I was concerned about this situation given my previous interactions with Frank Sun and F & S Education, so I emailed Michael Hendley, my contact in the United States.

            Email dated November 28, 2007

Lea Witkowski wrote, “My contract with F & S Education will be over on January 16th, 2008.  I have been offered a position at the university where I teach that pays me more and offers me more benefits.  I have decided to take this position.

In order to transfer my visas, however, I need a letter with a stamp from Frank Sun explaining that my contract is over with that company.  For some reason, he registered me as teaching and living in Dalian instead of in Beijing, and now that I will be officially working for a school in Beijing, I need to transfer the paperwork.  It is now November 28.  I have emailed Frank Sun three times asking for this letter to no avail.  The letter must be received before the beginning of January.  As it is a simple letter without heavy thought required, I see no reason why this cannot be accomplished in a few minutes.

Do you have a suggestion on how I should deal with this situation?”

Email dated November 28, 2007

Michael Hendley wrote, “Thank you for letting me know about your situation.  I have forwarded the information on to both the Program Manager here and Frank, so I expect that this should be resolved quickly.  If you don't hear back from him soon, please let me know so that we can follow up on our end.  Congratulations on your new position, by the way.   It sounds like a great opportunity.  All the best”

Frank Sun responded in the course of this process.

            Email dated November 28, 2007

Frank Sun wrote, “Lea, i got your email. you will get the letter in time. Weiping did call me and we talked about your transfer. i have no problem on that but I need to confirm what kind of letter the school needs and if we have any other responsibilities. You don't have to worry about it. Frank”

           

I emailed Frank Sun three additional times asking for the letter.  It was not received until January 5, 2008.  This was just in time for the semester to be over and my holiday to begin.  I waited in limbo for my visa to be updated (which took two weeks) to get my passport back before I could begin traveling for the holiday break.

 

All in all, it seems that Frank Sun is unaware of how to operate a company that invites foreigners into China to teach.  Not only did my visa expire, but one of the first stories I heard from another teacher was about her visa expiring.  Further, almost everyone who came into China with me experienced a similar dilemma.  The process of getting a new visa was not pleasant and made me very uncomfortable.  Further, Frank Sun does not provide any information about procedures without being asked and only provides partial information when asked.  It is very frustrating to try to live independently in a country (not to mention a different city from your company) where you aren't given the details of any procedure you’re expected to comply with or any decision that is made.  

Admittedly, I did not research Frank Sun or F & S Education before I hopped on a plane and flew across the world.  Somehow, a program associated with the United States Government seemed secure.  If I had done a quick Google search, however, I would have found this:

Posted on ESL Hang Out dated February 2006:

“There are so many things wrong with this program that I don't know where to begin. Mr. Frank Sun (Owner/Operator of NCC) forged a Master’s degree from a New York university so that I could work for Dalian Institute of Light Industry. I have a BA in Communications and Marketing with a CELTA certification. I was cheated, lied to and then fired because I can’t teach math! That's right! I was fired because I refused to teach math. My contract says I was hired to teach English as a Second Language, but he wanted me to teach math.” [http://www.aacircle.com.au/forums/f2/ncc-education-frank-sun-3139/]

Or this:

            Posted on ESL Hang Out dated March 2006:

“In a nutshell, I was forced out of my apartment in November and into an unsanitary (sewage stench/cockroach infestation) and unsafe (aggressive neighborhood flasher/multiple keys to my door and unknown people just walking in) apartment because of redecoration of the campus accommodations…In January I went to the Foreign Affairs Office to collect my winter salary (standard two months salary with a holiday allowance) but much to my surprise I was refused!  I was told that after the deplorable way they treated me, how could they ensure I wouldn’t just take the money and run…PS) The Director of the Foreign Affairs Office is buddies with Mr. Frank Sun (of NCCDalian: (see another post in this thread)… and in fact I was “recruited” by Mr. Sun… and there is a long and complicated story there too… it involves mis-representation and outright lying. You may be interested to know that NCC Dalian (and Mr. Sun) is being investigated by NCC International.”  [http://www.aacircle.com.au/forums/f2/dalian-institute-light-industry-beware-3599/]

 

I have paid over $260 (Y1872) for things that were absolutely not necessary in addition to the expenses incurred from traveling to and from Dalian so many times (even though my transportation was paid).  None of this money was reimbursed nor was it explained why I was required to do these things and none of the other interns were.  Frank Sun did reimburse costs that I incurred from moving to Beijing.  I also have further emails between myself and Frank Sun to the effect of all of these things I have described with the visa, living conditions, and teaching requirements.  I can forward them to anyone who is interested in the direct communication.

 

The contract states clearly the penalties for breaking it. "When either of the two parties fails to fulfill the contract or fails to fulfill the contract obligations according to the terms stipulated, that is, breaks the contract; it must pay a breach penalty of US $500 (or the equivalent in RMB)."  With all of these incidents written out, I feel that it is clear that my contract has been broken repeatedly during the five and a half months I've been teaching with F & S Education. 

 

I strongly recommend that the United States no longer be affiliated with Frank Sun or any of his programs in any capacity.  F & S Education and Frank Sun are not the people foreigners want to work for in China.  I will be posting this information on any English as a Second Language website or program that I find in the future including Dave's ESL Café, ESL Hang Out, and Teachers’ Discussion Forum.  I’ve also copied this email to anyone I thought would be interested or is associated with Frank Sun or F & S Education.   

Please contact me with any questions.  I did not send this email earlier because I wanted to be finished with my contract with F & S Education to avoid further complications.  

Sincerely,
Lea Witkowski

Tags: Work

Comments

1

The more messages on the Internet about rip-off merchants the better. But it's so easy for them to change their names... company names, English names, email addresses.

The Chinese authorities do not like China getting a bad reputation. If you do have a history/paper trail then and are getting inadequate service, getting told to break and circumvent the law, go straight to the government.

Don't go to anyone low though. In Dalian (you mentioned it a bit in your post) at least, go to this person or above:

Ms. Han Shu
Deputy Director of Secretariat, Chief of General Office
No. 1 Ren Min Square 人民广场
Dalian, P.R. China
Http://dalian.caiep.org
Email: rsj_hs@dl.gov.cn
Phone: 86-411-8364-2180

  avant-garde_chauvintist Jan 25, 2008 5:22 PM

2

I am a student under Frank Sun's program, I am chinese, From what i know is that he is a terrible bussinessman, evetything done for money. That's all i have to say, pretty simple, Don't make deal with him!

  Andy Jan 16, 2009 2:06 PM

3

I met several American teachers last year in Dalian and one from Huzhou, we talked a lot when they were in Dalian. All of them are happy with that company. I also recommend one of my relatives from Canada to work for that guy but no negative comments from my relative. I know that China Internship Program was firstly launched in early 2007, so I assume you were the exceptional case. You were replaced to another school before Beijing Olympic, most foreiners who experienced the life in China during that period of time can understand their pressure, especially for a company place foreigner to work in China.

If you have so many problems or questions, why do not talk to him or his boss directly?

I can understand your feeling and concerns but that was not right attitude and solution for your suffers or problems.

Hope you did learn something from your China Program but do obtain some positive understanding of life. Attacks online to the person and the company could not solve any problems but we doubt your purpose by publishing it online...

  Anderson Apr 14, 2009 11:21 AM

4


HI`

i am a students in HUZHOU,which is also a English program by F&S company, they had a really bad crebility in our school now``NO BODY want deal with them

  jay tee Apr 21, 2009 4:43 AM

5

This is my story to a tee! I found out about F and S through the Fulbright website and assumed it must be well organized and legitimate. I was wrong. I too was met with poor housing conditions, confusion, and major visa problems. I wish I had seen this post before, but I got tingles up my back reading your story and realizing that Frank is taking advantage of so many unsuspecting Americans. Horrible!

  Jennifer May 10, 2010 5:13 AM

6

Comment #3 is obviously a F+S rep who uses the name Anderson and writes like a Chinese.


  anon Jul 24, 2012 12:15 PM

7

6 year old negative comments. I'm guessing they either went under or straightened their act out....

  WhoCares Apr 5, 2016 11:37 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.