Existing Member?

avant-garde_chauvintist wandering through the garden of ideals

Hair

CHINA | Friday, 12 October 2007 | Views [1339]

Chinese girls have asymetrical hair.  This is not a broad statement of stereotype.  This is a truth.  It's so ubiquitous that I try to find differences in the hairstyles while I'm riding the bus.  So far, differences have not been found, but I've decided that the asymetrical bangs look like they have their wigs on crooked.  

In a place that is becoming more modern by the minute, I finally decided that my hairstyle was not as up-to-the-minute as I would like it to be.  And I cut it all off.

I typically cut my own hair, but I've been forgoing this beauty ritual because...I don't really know why, but it's been about six months.  It was LONG by my standards and getting all weird with the layers.  I didn't know what to do with it anymore except pull it back in a ponytail, which I could easily do with all the length that I've gained over the last six months. 

While I'm glad that my brief experience with the asymmetrical style has faded, I needed something fresh.  So I spent an afternoon in my bathroom with my hair cutting supplies and whacked it all off.  Now it's much cuter, shorter, and me.  Two Americans that I've made friends with here have approved.

But it looks like a hairy animal died in my trash can.

Tags: Party time

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.