Existing Member?

a travelling TISH a travelling experience is not appreciated if not shared with others.

Crazy CINQUE TERRE and PISA on the way

ITALY | Sunday, 29 June 2008 | Views [716]

Saturday morning, I packed my stuff yet again and got back on the bus. It was a short ride luckly. We stopped at Pisa for a couple of hours on the way. It took that whole time to try perfect some good photos for the album. It was actually alot amaller than I had expected.

Then we stopped at La Spezia where I had to get off for Cinque Terre. I ran into another Nicole that i had met on the bus who was staying at the same camp as me. We had to get on train, which took us to Deiva Marina, and then we had to get on a bus that took us to our camping site. A little out of the way but cute Italian owners. It was good that I had Nicole with me because there was no body else staying at that one. And the camp is full of retired residents.

Sunday was my only full day at the Cinque Terre, which means five villages. They are all herritage listed and famous for their walking tracks, Jade was staying at Manarolla, one of the villages while Nicole and I were a little way out. We all decided that Monterosso was the most beautiful of all the villages so we decided to go there for the day. It was so lovely, maybe my best day yet. We found the locals part of the beach and layed there for most of the day. For lunch we had pesto focassia which was incredible. During the hottest part of the day, we wondered around the main part of the village with lemon slushi's, as it was ridiculously hot. In the afternoon we went back to beach and played cards before finding a cheap resturant for dinner. We had a beautiful table by the water, which i had a mushroom pasta and took part in drinking a couple of bottles of wine. Nicole and stumbled back to our accomodation and enjoyed a nice nights sleep.

My stay in Cinque Terre was a little to short but I am greateful I got to see it at all. And has been terriffic meeting such good friends Jade and Nicole who I will stay in touch with when back in Australia.

 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.