Existing Member?

a travelling TISH a travelling experience is not appreciated if not shared with others.

Stylish FLORENCE

ITALY | Sunday, 29 June 2008 | Views [583]

The night before my bus trip to Florence, I went out for a few drinks with Alejandro who was in my cabin. We met up with a few people on Busabout and Matt the kiwi who was also in my cabin. So to cut a long story short in was quite difficult getting up after a few hours sleep. The bus ride was short, and we stopped at Orvietto and Sienna along the way. Once at the camp site we were a little shocked, as it was in the middle of no where but luckly the cabins were really nice. We all went out for a group dinner at the House of Sizzle, which was beautiful, but really filling. Before dinner we went on an orientation walk which we got to see the Duomo, and the fake David as it takes hours to line up for the real one in the mueseum. We also got to wonder around the old and orthentic buildings and shops.

The next morning Nicole from Melbourne and I woke up to the hottest morning yet. Once we finally got into Florence we wondered around the shops and admired all the real leather throughout the shops. The sun really took it out of us so we didn't stay out for long. On the way back to the camping ground I saw that the temperature was 39.5deg.. I knew it was hot!

Friday, we decided to have a little sleep in, and I did my washing. In the afternoon, Nicole and I went back into the Florence, with the un bearable heat. We went back to the markets we saw to pick up a few souvenirs and some little things for our selves. I also got to taste the bast gelati I have had so far! After walking around for a few hours we headed back and I cooked my self pasta for dinner. Overall I loved Florence, I thought the culture was beautiful and they had the best fashion and style so far.

 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.