Existing Member?

a travelling TISH a travelling experience is not appreciated if not shared with others.

Crazy drivers in ROME

ITALY | Monday, 16 June 2008 | Views [384]

Wednesday, we left early for Rome. Once at our new camp site we were so excited to find a fridge in our cabins and a big supermarket across the road. But as it was late I had dinner in the resturant with some of the Kiwis. But as they were so busy and did not write down my order, I just walked out and did not pay. It was bad service and took for ages anyway.

Thursday morning Jade and I headed in Rome for the day. Wes started at the Vatican City and went into St Peters square and the Basilica but not the museum or the Sistine Chapel as it was so over priced, and I was told it was not worth it. We then walked to the Spanish steps and the Trevi fountain before stumbling across the Roman Froum. Just after the Pantheon Jade and I discovered the best coffee in the world, and for only 1 euro. Then we walked along the river down to Palentine hill. Jade left me to go on a walking tour, which I skipped before of the cost. But I went and saw the Collesseum before making my way back to the camp. It was literally Rome in a day.

 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.