Existing Member?

a travelling TISH a travelling experience is not appreciated if not shared with others.

Whole lot of fun in MUNICH

GERMANY | Monday, 16 June 2008 | Views [432]

Monday morning, nice and early I was on another bus set for Germany. Along the way we stopped at Lucernce in Switzerland and Leichenstein, a very small country. As soon as I walked into the hostel, Lauren was waiting for me. A real cuddle from back home felt so good. That night we went into the city to watch the Sex and the City movie, which was well worth the wait. But made me miss shopping and all the good nights out I have had with the girls.

The next day, Loz, Matt and I did the free walking tour with the most finniest guide i have had so far. We started st Marienplatz, went past the city place to the Viktualienmarkt, where I had my first bratwurst, which was delish, as I had not ate meat for quite a while. We then continued through the city centre to the Hofbrauhaus, a famous beer hall that goes off every night. We finished the tour and wondered back to the hostel for a few (lots) of pre vodka drinks before going back to the Hofbrauhaus for a helarious night of drinking and laughing with a random crew from the hostel. But as most of you know I dont drink beer, so I just took my own vodka and made my own drinks. It was so busy that no one noticed. So after more drinks and more sausages we all ran home in the pouring rain.

Saturday morning Loz, Matt, Anthony and I went to the concentration camp Dachau. The first to be errected during the second world war. I am going to come home with all types of useless information from all the tours I have been on. We watched a short documentary before walking around the camp and seeing the gas chambers that so many died in. After a few hours we went back to Munich and went to go see the famous wave under the bridge. It was crazy, all the guys (and girl) surfing a wave that is created from the pressure of the water coming from the bridge over the top. I have photos that will help make sense of all that. We decided on Pozza Hut for dinner as it was quick and easy. But I did not have a pizza, as I was waiting for Italy, to try pizza. That night we all decided on an early night, so I said goodbye to Loz and Matt and layed in the courtyard until I could ring a certain someone for their birthday. Then got some well needed sleep.

 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.