Existing Member?

a travelling TISH a travelling experience is not appreciated if not shared with others.

Beauty in LAUTERNBRUNNEN

SWITZERLAND | Monday, 16 June 2008 | Views [684]

On the 02.06.08, 8am we were off on a 10 hour bus trip to Switzerland! We arrived at Camping Jungfrau in Lauternbrunnen, which had absolutely beautiful views everywhere you looked.

Tuesday, The girls from my room, Nicole and Melina, 2 girls from AUST got up and headed for the Trummelbach Falls. It was amazing! 11 waterfalls in verious little caves overlooking the valley. We then caught up with the locals in the main town for some lunch. That night we looked dinner, as we had finally had a kitchen. (Not very many hostels in Europe have kitchens, which makes life more expensive) After tea, we went to the Tight and Bright night at the local pub, which was in a bomb shelter. Fun except for the bus load of young Conteki crew who reminded me of what schoolies was all about.

Wednesday, I headed off on my own to the Schilthorn mountain, which is 3000m high. It took 2 cable cars and a train to get up there. I finally got to see snow falling as it was -1deg up there. It did feel a lil lonely as I was the only person up there, so many head shots in those photos. That night the Aussie busabout crew, went out for dinner at the camps resturant. You would not believe how many Aussie are doing Busabout, always three quarters of the bus. But has been really good getting to know new people along the way, which I have similarities with.

 

 

Travel Answers about Switzerland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.